Selling item within Australia, shipping info says otherwise.

I setup an eBay listing for an item thats sold for only within Australia, but on the Shipping Info after I've listed the item it says "May not ship to Australia" what the **bleep** is wrong with eBay? I specifically set in my shipping information for Australia only. It doesn't even list Australian postage options from the dropdown list for AusPost. The shipping information section is so broken. So I've had to specifically state within the item description that the item I'm selling DOES ship within Australia, despite it saying otherwise when it shouldn't.

Why is eBay broken and listing it otherwise?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You've listed your item on eBay.com (the US version of the site), which automacially assumes that domestic shipping of the item is to the US (you listings states may not ship to Australia because - being on the US site - it's set to ship to the US only).

You'll need to end the listing and list it again after making sure you're logged into eBay.au, and then the shipping options for Aus Post etc will be available. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

LOL

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Why is eBay broken and listing it otherwise?

Why is it always ebay's fault?  Seems to me it is more often the buyer or seller's fault but ebay gets the blame.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yep

I'm really not sure how it's up to ebay to 'know' that although something has been posted on the US site, the seller meant to post it on the Australian site Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Well they are partly to blame. Doesn't really matter what doname you go to it's all in the same thing anyway regardless which one someone navigates to, because it's automatically assumed that was how it worked, one account profile works for all.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Well actually you have just proved that it is not all the same thing.

You cannot list on the US site and expect to be able to set up aiustralian postage rates.

Yes, you can buy and sell with the same user name but you will always get the postage etc dor the site you have chosen.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply