Selling linit

As a new seller I have this selling limit.

I have got only one store. My products have a relatively high postage and it would be better sending several together.

The problem is if I am not allowed to increase my lisitings there is no choice, hence people will not buy because the postage will double the price of the product. I have to charge the postage otherwise I am giving my products away!

The buttom "increase your seller limit" clearly states that you need another ebay store to increase your limit - is there a way around?

If I simply wait, how much will I be able to sell the next month and the following? My products are approx. $6.50 each and I make them myself.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Selling linit

Thanks for the excellent replies!

I even din't know that I can block states! I must do that with future listings, because I would get into trouble eithere with ebay or with quarataine.

I cannot list anything at the moment, but the combination idea with choice seems to be a very good idea.

Lastly: you are true with the postage, but how should I do that otherwise? Not taking the ebay postage? For me it seems that postage rate to product rate are not very good.

I will phone ebay btw.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Selling linit

No You do not need another store, you need to improve your standing as a reliable seller. If you have another ID in good standing with plenty of feedback,  that would perhaps increase you limits as they can see you are a good seller. If you don't have another account then you will just have to plug along trying to increase your feedback on the new account.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

This comment does not address the selling limit problem...

Will your items fit into a large letter envelope?

To do this the main criteria is that they need to be 20mm (or under) thickness when they are sealed in their envelope.

This will help keep your postage costs down but the disadvantage is that you will have no tracking and that can bring other problems. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

All new sellers have limits and you simply need to get some runs on the board to prove yourself as a seller.

No way around it.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

i just looked at one of your items, perhaps in the item description in highlighted text offer reduced postage on multiple buys. like buy one get a second one free post.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

The selling limits are frustrating, but once you've made a few sales, they will increase.  As the listings increase, undoubtedly so will the sales & again in turn you'll be allowed more listings. 

One advantage I see is that if you not very familiar with selling on eBay it gives you time to learn as you grow.  By memory, linking a Credit Card to your paypal account if you haven't already done so also increases your limit.  I could be wrong on that score, and if I am, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

Just one other thing, off topic sorry - I looked at your listings also and notice you allow Pick Up, but you also have COD listed as a payment option - do you mean Pay on Pick UP ?  Just thought you might want to change that if you do.

Cheers and good luck - happy selling   Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

Thanks for the input - yes I will write that several items have reduced postage fees - probably most people know that. I cannot send in padded envelopes, my items must be packed very carefully.

If people pick up I expect to be paid cash - isn't that the normal way to go?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

COD is not cash on pick-up.

It is a very expensive Aus Post service

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

@mountainherbs-123 wrote:

As a new seller I have this selling limit.

I have got only one store. My products have a relatively high postage and it would be better sending several together.

The problem is if I am not allowed to increase my lisitings there is no choice, hence people will not buy because the postage will double the price of the product. I have to charge the postage otherwise I am giving my products away!

Try a combination of listings - if some people won't buy because P&H is higher than item cost, create a listing for 3 items instead of one and see how it goes. 

If your items have variations, you can invite people to request different colours (or what have you) via message or the 'message to seller' function that's available at checkout (unless you disable it). 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Selling linit

That is as such a brilliant idea, but I sell plants and people are very specific about what they want. I have a lot of variety and cannot offer that so far. But maybe I think of a good combination. With the seller limit I almost feel bad because the postage is so high, but I cannot give the postage for free.

I linked a credit card to my seller paypal - is that what they mean linking a card to ebay or is there something in ebay were you have to link it? (I find ebays structure a bit cumbersome).

Let's say I sell 3 out of ten items the first month, and then get three positive feedbacks, how many items could I list next month? And the month thereafter? Is there a table were I could look this up?

The next thing is that Isold some items and can't top up my items to ten.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply