Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

The item does not appear as purchased until they physically pay. Do you mean add the other payment option so that they can select 'other' and move on? I have not done this yet. Is this what you have done to achieve a sale without payment at least? I know how to invoice from PayPal but my buyers have already had to pay at checkout.
Message 91 of 121
Latest reply

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

When I tested a listing that had PayPal and Other as payment options, it automatically goes to immediate payment required with PayPal still, but I could tick "other" and the button switched from "Pay Now" to "Commit to buy", so I suspect that it would just confirm purchase without requiring immediate payment (I don't know for sure as I didn't commit to buy the item, but from all accounts it would appear that a buyer could buy several items without having to pay individually). It's not the most noticable thing, so buyers would likely still need to be informed to purchase this way and as it stands, it would still be easiest for them to log into eBay AU to make their purchases. 

Payment should still be able to be made via PayPal on eBay even if purchasing that way completes checkout, but the process is a little convoluted. If checkout is completed and the buyer wants to use eBay checkout with PayPal, you would need to send a new invoice for each item they purchased as that resets the checkout, then you can send an invoice for all items with a combined postage quote. 

PS  - digial*ghost is a she. Smiley Very Happy

Message 92 of 121
Latest reply

Right! Got it. People think I am a he too.......and Old - and called Reg!
SO - the buyers last night, I have advised to log into ebay AU and use the cart. I hope this works until they fix the Aussie trolly! Will wait to see if they bother. As QUITE often, I never hear from them again. Perhaps they refuse to shop where it appears things will get difficult.
Message 93 of 121
Latest reply

What I don't get is, if this is a problem stemming from claims as mentioned earlier, why change the purchase process instead of the claims process? 

eBay logic.... Robot Frustrated

Message 94 of 121
Latest reply

Still a problem and still havimg to refund postage. When ebay start charging fvf on postage how will I claim this back when I only give a partial refund on the whole item? Is this ebay/paypal theft? 

Message 95 of 121
Latest reply

Still a problem 11 months later....any hope anyone?

Message 96 of 121
Latest reply

It seemed to fade out over a few months..........but it's back!!  I had the feeling that the buyer might not know how to back out of a sale without paying as a few seemed to work it out for themselves over time.  The buyer last week however, assured me there was NO way she could commit to the sale without paying immediately.  I did forget to ask if she was on a phone.  The PHONE ap is painful!!!

Message 97 of 121
Latest reply

Yes it is back with a vengance. It was still a minor issue across the year, but once again it is a big problem. I just keep reporting it to ebay via email every time it occurs, their tech dept is abysmal and in total denial. No wonder their recent results were poor, buyers are getting a bad experience. Trying to explain to buyers is getting even harder, they are not interested in tech issues, they just want to click, buy and get combined shipping.  We  just gotta keep bangin away at ebay

Message 98 of 121
Latest reply

Agreed.  One poor customer last week spent ages telling me via messages which items she wanted and the sale was carried out and completed direct through pay/pal. The only way we could do it.  Frustrating because she said she had NOT had the problem with other sellers on the same day.

Makes me look incompetant. 

Not too mention that for the buyers that buy and pay buy and pay for mulitple items..........Pay/pal keeps a portion of the postage refund!  It's wrong wrong wrong

Message 99 of 121
Latest reply

What I don't understand is why it is only some US/UK buyers that have this problem and not others. Ebay have tried to make out its the buyer's browser, but surely the problem is ebays site not being compatible. Anyway it is totally stuffing up their sales...and mine!!!!

Message 100 of 121
Latest reply