Sendle.com - using them for the first time

Hi everyone, any other sellers out there using Sendle on a regular basis? I just used them for the first time to send a large-ish item (about 1.8kg) and their cost is lower than Aus Post, and it's door-to-door Toll courier. Pick up by Toll is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Sendle.com - BEWARE

Dave didn't cancel it. Somebody else did - 18 months ago. About the same amount of time as when they last logged on to the boards.

Message 41 of 84
Latest reply

I looked at using sendle a while ago, but they won't pick up where I live. One thing to be aware of is that they will not necessarily use Toll (or anyone else decent for that matter) to ship. They'll use whomever their system automatically finds the cheapest price with. Who will then in turn handball it to whomever they find to be the cheapest delivery company. If I'm shipping something of any value, for me that's too much uncertainty about what could happen to the shipment. Just now I'm waiting on an item to be delivered, Sendle was used. Sendle have used Fastway. Fastway usually then forward the delivery to either Australia Post, or to another small independent local courier out here, which seems to be stuck in the 1980s -- they have no computers in their office whatsoever, no scanners, and no means of updating tracking systems at all. Tracking will never show the item being delivered. Couriers Please (don't break my stuff) do the same thing. Tracking not working is kind of a big deal these days with paypal and ebay putting a stranglehold on your funds until tracking systems show the item delivered. I use Transdirect, they're pretty good. I always end up finding a reasonably priced courier and at least they give an option on which one you choose. I don't mind paying a bit more out of my own pocket to at least know it's not going to be handballed to god knows who for the final delivery.
Message 42 of 84
Latest reply

aaaaand upon clicking "post" all of my nicely formatted paragraphs were mashed into a wall of text **bleep**
Message 43 of 84
Latest reply

Just wanted to share my experience with Sendle. Sent pressure cooker from Melbourne to Sydney, took them almost twoo weekes. Cooker arrived badly damaged - and it's not a fragile item, it's stainless steel... Reply from Sendle was pretty arrogant - sorry can't help.

They don't take any responcibility and don't provide any cover for damage/loss.

So BEWARE

Message 44 of 84
Latest reply

Instead of spamming every thread you can find, have a look at the answers you have received on the first post.

Message 45 of 84
Latest reply

If you can find it!

Message 46 of 84
Latest reply

I wouldnt use sendle on a regular basis. Way to many sub contractors ect.
Just stick with australia post. Bulky items pack and send ect.
For international 110% ALWAYS DHL. DHL are light years ahead for international.

Message 47 of 84
Latest reply

dave has probably worked something out in the last three and a half years.

Message 48 of 84
Latest reply

Sendle happen to be the worst experience I have efer had. I will not buy from Sellers using Sendle. Frank Fallon

Message 49 of 84
Latest reply

Sendle is a courier broker.....you will have no idea what actual courier service will be used if a seller goes through them

I have never ever seen a seller advertise that they use Sendle so effectively you are refusing to buy from any seller who uses a courier service.

Message 50 of 84
Latest reply