Sent Parcel via ebay post + signature, delivered safe drop.

Hi,

I sent the parcel and paid extra for signature on delivery,  the parcel was delivered about a week ago Safe Drop!

No feedback received yet but just wondering is this normal practice from Aussie Post?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Seems to be the norm these days.  I've had a couple just safe-dropped.

Read this thread, from post  #24 onwards

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Post-office-retuned-to-sender-Seller-and-eBay-won-t-refund/m...

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you,  I have read the posts.   Not much point paying extra for signature.  Just hope the buyer received it ok.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I have had many registered articles safe dropped over the last 3-4 years.

Talked to AP about it and was told some posties have too many articles at times. 

image host
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I'd be asking for a refund on the Signature on Delivery next time you go to the PO. You paid for a service and it was fulfilled,

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

If a SOD item is safe dropped AP will have a photo of where it has been left.

If there is a dispute they can bring up the photo.  

It has been happening for a while now.....items are left in Parcel Lockers with the same system.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I'm not to sure why they would safe drop it because there's an option that the buyer can tick if they wish to have it safe dropped otherwise it should be carded and buyer goes to the post office to collect it.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Many of the parcels I've sent have been safe dropped. I find it a bit nerve racking, especially if they don't leave feedback.  However, luckily so far, I've had no problems.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Unless the buyers have permitted for a parcel to be safe dropped then the postie should not safe drop it.

Where would the postie safe drop a parcel? in the letter box? at the front door where passers by can see it?

Or in your back yard where the postie isn't allowed to enter?

Unless permission is given then safe dropping isn't allowed.

A buyer could easily say they never received the parcel even if the postie took a photo of it,who knows if the postie decided to take it with them,taking a photo as proof doesn't cut the cake in my opinion if a signiture was required.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Funnily enough, a friend of a friend was commenting on Facebook not long ago now that people can no longer say they did'nt get a delivery because the delivery person has to take a photo of the parcel on their doorstep and that PROVES they got it

I pointed out that *if* a delivery person was dodgey to start with, they would simply put the parcel at the front door, take the photo and then take the parcel away again

Well....................... you should have read the way they carried on, what a nasty (b word) I was to say such a thing, how could I think this would ever happen etc etc etc etc etc

Ok then 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply