Sent expensive item to Mexico and its MISSING Advice please

Hi,

I sold a very expensive watch to a person in Mexico and sent it on 10/07/2017.

They paid via pay pal which I thought would cover both of us but apparently not!

I have a tracking number/with signature.

It missing as it stands on 11/07/2017.

I have contacted Australia post and they have tracked it scaned at Mexico city and then nothing with them opening a ticket with the Mexico post with no reply as yet.

the Bottom line is as follows.

I have been advised by Pay Pal that if it is not delivered to the address they will refund the buyer and debit my pay pal account basicly to bad so sad.

Can anyone give me some advise/help in how to go with this.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

I thought I would check re; 6 months to close e-bay account seems e-bay disagree on their help and contact page

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Hi again you have paid to learn a valuable lesson if you close your account which we now know takes 60 days you will lose that money if you learn your lesson and carry on you will not make the same mistake again and your loss may pay dividends in the future. Everyone on e-bay will have made mistakes I certainly have, unfortunately some people on this forum take an unhealthy delight in others mistakes - good luck

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

wow - that was good england by the ebay customer service representative. 

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

eBay's T&C's.

No, there's a waiting period to ensure that any transactions you made are complete.

During the waiting period, you wonโ€™t be able to bid, make purchases, list items, or change your contact information, but youโ€™ll still have access to your account information.

When the waiting period is over, youโ€™ll receive an email confirming that your account is closed.

This used to state 180 days for closure. They have obviously changed it recently.

image host
Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

It is certainly a very recent change Kopes....and I am pretty sure there was nothing in any Notifications about it.   It seems the Mushroom Syndrome is alive and well.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

The ebay/paypal charge back to seller system is revolting and soul destroying. I have had two in the past 8 weeks. One in Canada the other UK. No tracking on either item though. Both were large letters. And they most likely received the item in the long run. So it's a win win situation for buyers. But even with tracking it can still run into issues. I am considering not selling overseas anymore, as it's just too easy for buyers to say they didnt receive the item.

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply