So what's the pro/con to provide ABN to eBay?

s this required or option?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you're an Australian business customer and registered for GST in Australia, you can get a GST exemption if you register your Australian Business Number ( ABN ) with eBay .... Ebay will then issue your invoice net of GST with GST already. You could class this as a pro-

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

No its not a required option.

For most micro businesses and private sellers there is no advantage in providing ebay with an ABN. If you have an ABN but are not registered for GST payments, you will not be able to recieve a GST exemption on your ebay fees under the new tax measures recently applied to Australian ebay sellers.

All you will be doing is adding extra sensative, private information to a data base that has not always been secure. Thats what I would call a con.

I have an ABN for both of my stores, but are not registered for GST purposes. I have not provided the ABN's to the ebay data base.

P.S. edit ....... You appear to be selling business related items. If you are registered for GST purposes, It would pay to add the ABN to ebay to reduce fees. Great niche products there, good luck.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

How do you add your ABN to your eBay account?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply