Sold Item But eBay Still Wont Pay Out.

leyno
Community Member

Just had a disappointing chat with an eBay representative.

Im a small/part time buyer/seller - recently sold 3 to 4 items. Was told initially that payments would be kept on hold until the transaction was completed (tracking number uploaded, item delivered, buyer happy) - that's fine, I accepted that.

First 2 items sold, payments kept on hold with estimated time (approx 4 weeks) - would be released early if item delivered (via tracking number uploaded) - payments were received early as transactions were completed with items being marked as delivered and no issues from buyers.

Now, latest item sold, was packaged, posted off, tracking number uploaded. Was told payment would be kept on hold for approx 4 weeks - could be earlier if item was marked as delivered and no issues with buyer - well, item was received, buyer was happy, left pos feedback. But eBay have now told me that funds will not be released early for other reasons - but wont tell me what the other reasons are. Just a rant, but so disappointing with how eBay conduct their business. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

But you only have 2 positive feedbacks, not 3 as you indicate above

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Not sure what the 'other' reason is they are talking about (assuming you have done everything you need to do already for Managed Payments?)

As for the other, all new sellers and those who only sell now and then are subject to a month long hold on funds (Just as I would be too on my selling ID as I was a seller for over 15 years but I have not sold anything in quite some time now)

Uploading tracking, the buyers leaving feedback can sometimes reduce the time of 'holds' but not always 

Maybe try again and you might get a different CS person who will tell you the 'other' reason 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I think the hold period doesn't just go away after the first couple of transactions. Carry on sending your items with tracking in your handling time so that you show Ebay you're building a positive experience for your buyers.

Some platforms have moved to a 90 day review model to ensure that there are no disputes or chargebacks, and this is probably what Ebay has done here.

Buyers hardly leave feedback these days, so that would be one thing that you cannot count on. If I'm lucky I get 1 feedback for every 30 transactions.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

2 items in a week to the same buyer will only count as 1 on the feedback score. You should know this as the GOAT seller with all the answers

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Looking at the OP's actual feedback - there's only fb for 2 items, not the 3 sent.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

But you only have 2 positive feedbacks, not 3 as you indicate above

The OP didn't mention getting 3 positive feedbacks. Unless I'm mistaken, they only mention getting one from the latest buyer. The did mention 3 or 4 sales (there are 4).

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply