Sold an item, no contact from buyer!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can give me some tips. I sold a bed on Wednesday night. It sold for 425! I was pretty shocked, but anyway... My first thought was concern because the buyer has 0 feedback. My husband reminded me that everyone has to start somewhere so I was hopeful. My ad specifically stated contact must be made within 3 days and pick up within 7 (although to be honest in terms of pick up I'm flexible, it's more the contacting me part that is a big thing because I have been mucked around before and ended up never being able to contact the person). So I sent an invoice at the end of the auction. I didn't hear anything. So yesterday morning I sent another invoice with a note saying "just a reminder that, as per the conditions of sale, you must make contact with me within 3 days from end of auction. My mobile is xxxxxxxxxx, please feel free to text or ring, or message through eBay". So I have still heard nothing from the buyer. 3 days from end of sale is officially tonight. I don't know what to do. I should have known it was too good to be true, I always get screwed around! My friend thought I should wait until tomorrow and then message again to say I will extend the time until Monday afternoon and will then extend a second chance offer to the next highest bidder (who most likely doesn't want it now, I have never had anyone accept this and usually have to relist item another time). I am happy to do this if I have to but I'm also thinking I'm just wasting my time. She said a bonus of me doing that is that I would be able to prove I have been fair and get any possible negative feedback from the original buyer removed. But I don't have the patience! Plus, I have an address for the buyer but not a phone number so there isn't much else I can do to make contact.

So, I thought I would try and get a few more opinions from the eBay community as they have always been great help in the past. What do you think I should? How do you guys feel when someone buys something with 0 feedback to their name? Am I being a little harsh to be wary of that? I guess at one point I also had 0 feedback, but then I didn't jump in and buy a $400+ item right off the bat either.

Why would someone buy it if they weren't going to follow through though? Grrrrrr!

Ok, thanks for your time.

Melissa ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Sold an item, no contact from buyer!

You have to give the buyer 4 full days and then open NPB dispute.  You cannot sell to anybody else until the dispute is closed; that is minimum another 4 days.  However, there is nothing stopping you from sending a message (not a second chance offer) to the underbidder explaining to them what is going on, and ask them if they would like to receive the second chance offer, once the dispute is closed.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Forgot to say that once the dispute is closed without the buyer paying, they get a strike, you get your FVF back and they will be unable to leave FB.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

You should ALWAY open a non payer dispute if no payment or contact within 4 days (ebays minimum) & then wait another 4 days,close & relist.

If you do things correctly,you will receive a refund of your FVF & the non payer will receive a strike.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

You can also do a 'search by bidder' and see if they're actively bidding on other things. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You can also access their telephone number. ๐Ÿ™‚

My summary page, advanced search, in the left margin, find contact info.

You will be emailed the number and they will receive yours.

image host
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for your responses. I will do as you suggested and wait until tomorrow night and open an unpaid item dispute. I also did as suggested and requested their number from eBay, tried calling a couple of times in the last 10 mins and it doesn't ring it just goes straight to a message saying the person is unavailable. Maybe I should have some compassion, maybe there is a reason. But I really can't be bothered with being stuffed around.

I will try a couple more times to tonight, and if still no contact made I will send another email giving a further 24hrs for contact prior to opening an unpaid item dispute.

You know, it's always the expensive things that you get stuffed around with! I have sold several other things along with the bed and everyone, except 1 person who still has 2 more days, has contacted me.

Thanks again!
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

You can also do a 'search by bidder' and see if they're actively bidding on other things. ๐Ÿ™‚

this bidder has only bidded on this item. 3 bids, newbie ebayer.

I hope it all goes ahead smoothly for you.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

No offence meant Lilley,but it almost sounds like you're stalking them-please give them the opportunity to respond.:-)

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Not really sure how it sounds like I'm stalking them, I sent an invoice yesterday morning and haven't tried to contact again until now when the 3 days is up. I clearly stated in my ad that they must make contact within 3 days, and I did this as I have been burnt before by this exact situation on more than 1 occasion. So I'm sure you can appreciate I am a little anxious this is going to happen again. If buyers cannot meet the conditions of sale then they should not bid, it's quite simple really! And I think I have given them time to respond, 3 days as a matter of fact... Again, as is clearly stated in my ad!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply