Standard letter untracked option is missing.

ttkoo
Community Member

So I can not now offer a cheap Standard letter untracked option in my postage methods. It was there until yesterday, now gone. Who would want to purchase a $1.50 2 cent coin and have to pay $9.70 to get it posted. It's only nickel-and-dime stuff but with excessive postage is nothing-and-gone. Is this only happening to me or has this become the latest eBay policy?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Standard letter untracked option is missing.

@curraone wrote:

Sugar, well I could have said "it is not helpful to say 'You can buy prepaid tracked envelopes over the counter for $3.15' when the original poster is saying that he has a problem choosing letter (either tracked or untracked) in his postage options"  but I didn't.

But OP also said they now had to pay $9.50,. I was just giving an alternate.  I actually read the whole original post, not just selective.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

You have to be careful using that option if you dont upload a tracking number as it will only allow so many before it lowers your percentage and your listing ranking will suffer. If you use untracked delivery the listing needs to state this or it will look for it.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

I am also having this trouble, I keep hearing people saying to select domestic regular letter untracked and post for $2.50 but I cannot seem to find this option when I am listing. Have you managed to figure this out ? 

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Just choose domestic letter without tracking (sometimes the option is not visible, but keep trying)

domestic postage.JPG

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

In Package Dimensions is the thickness set to 2 cms? If the thickness is greater than this Letter Rate options won't be visible.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Your listings all seem to have postage sorted, so I'm guessing advertising.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved. As siddieswans pointed out, it is all to do with setting the dimensions of your posted article. If the default thickness is not reduced from 5cm to 2cm or less, the Australia Post Standard Domestic Letter Untracked option is not visible. Aside from this, after having to refund a buyer recently for non arrival of an untracked delivery, I now send everything that fits by Australia Post Standard Domestic Letter Tracked.

Thanks to all who responded.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

I see that some of your listings now have $2.50 but "standard parcel".    This is not a good idea, parcels are expected to have tracking.     You really need to change them to "letter untracked".

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's  news to me, all sent tracked. And I've never charged $2.50.

But thanks for caring 

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Curraone was replying to Ray (as it shows on their post)

Who most certainly does have $2.50 on several items 

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply