Strange feedback

cq_tech
Community Member

I received positive feedback today for an item I sold last week, but the only comment was a very cryptic "MP". Upon checking my buyer's feedback for others, the last dozen or so have all been the same - just the letters "MP" and nothing else, and prior to that, all of her positive feedback simply had the letter "P" as her only comment (which I presume means Positive).

I suppose I shouldn't be too concerned because it was after all positive, but I've still been tearing out my hair all day trying to figure out what the hell "MP" means, and am even tempted to email her to ask. I don't suppose anybody out there has had similar feedback and/or knows what it means? If so, I'm dying to know.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Strange feedback

Can they crack open macadamias?

Or is it because they are still green?

image host
Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Strange feedback

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Can they crack open macadamias?

Or is it because they are still green?

Oh yes Kopes they most certainly can crack them open - and they're not green but fully ripe, they won't touch them if they're not.

When you get a dozen or so into the tree they'll strip it in about 2 hours flat, and crack and eat nearly every nut - if I don't catch them at it I'm lucky to get half a dozen nuts out of it. The one good thing they do however is prune the tree on their way into it, so theoretically there's more nuts (for them) next year.......................

I don't think the "scouts" have spotted it this year (there's usually 4 or 5 do a fly-past before the main army come in) - it's camoflaged by an oramental cherry on one side and a Bouganvillia on the other side. My mate's tree was stripped a couple of weeks ago while he was at work - much to his chagrin............there goes his Macadamia nougat for this year, unless I take pity on him and give him some of mine (in exchange of a couple of pieces of said nougat)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

Strange feedback

saarzi
Community Member
Do you net the trees? We have king parrots and bats get into our fig tree, mangos, guavas and nectarine and we net all of them now.
Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

Strange feedback

@gtx305 wrote:
Do you net the trees? We have king parrots and bats get into our fig tree, mangos, guavas and nectarine and we net all of them now.

No I haven't netted the Macadamia, it would be a hell of a job to do it unfortunately but I did hear on the ABC radio gardening program that it's now possible to get reflective tape that will deter Aussie birds from fruit trees.

Apparently it looks a bit like CD/DVD reflections but different and apparently works very well, it's supposedly available from Native Nurseries but I haven't found any yet....................probably spending too much time waving sticks and shouting at Black Cockies I guess....!!

OH ho, found some, I'll get some and give it a go..............

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xreflective+tape+bi...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

Strange feedback

2 years ago I had the bats wipe out my entire Persimmon tree in 2 nights. My tree is too big to net. Most of the time it's the starlings, silvereyes, crows and wattle birds that do the damage. The silvereyes go around and peck a small hole in the top of a few, which ripens them really quickly. They then come back and get into them (if the starlings haven't beat them to it). They all drive me nuts, especially the starlings.

They are just starting to turn orange now, so it won't be long until I have to fight the wretched birds again. Another 4 weeks and it will be on.

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply