Suspended. Will I sell again?

I was recently suspended through faults of my own. I rang eBay and explained what I did. They could only look at one listing because the others were older than 90days. The listing was removed and my seller dashboard says my next evaluation I’ll be above selling standard. Does that mean I’ll be able to sell again?
Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

That's exactly what happened to me 3 years ago and bam I was gone and never to come back but you're lucky now as ebay are taking a closer look at the situation and realizing they have made a mistake and then reinstating sellers but with me ebay just wouldn't look into it more clearly.

Message 41 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka I’m currently at an airport and that made me laugh so loud! Thank you I needed that
Message 42 of 60
Latest reply

I’m sorry to hear that, I was devastated when I was being told that’s it no more. I really do feel for you and hope that maybe just maybe you can find a way to sell on eBay again
Message 43 of 60
Latest reply

Thank you ALL for your input because if you hadn’t I would still be thinking I can’t sell anymore. I wish you all as much luck as I received IF you ever have problems in the future - touch wood
Message 44 of 60
Latest reply

Click onto your seller dashboard and check to see if you have been set any selling limits or you're still allowed to sell with no limits,that should tell you what ebay has decided.

Message 45 of 60
Latest reply

Download an install a VPN. Create a new eBay account after your VPN is turned on. Only access your new account with the VPN turned on. EBay have no idea that the new account belongs to you. Use your partner or housemate phone to verify your account.....or your workplace. As far as they know, the IP address is overseas somewhere. The key is, never ever access the new account without the VPN being turned on or they they will match the new account with the IP address. You have to be diligent. Yes, it means starting from scratch, but at least you can list and sell.

Message 46 of 60
Latest reply

Just changing internet providers or even potentially plans will get you a new IP. I rent in a capital city, so move every year or so and my address and internet changes all the time. I have no issues with ebay, but if IP and address matching is as far as they go then I'm not sure they're very motivated.
Message 47 of 60
Latest reply

Still says I may have selling limits or restrictions. My next evaluation is in 2 days so will see what happens then I guess
Message 48 of 60
Latest reply

There are really only 2 common events that will get you suspended on eBay:

1. Late delivery defects (so use a long handling time if post is slow from your location).

2. Sale cancellations through a fault of your own like out of stock or item damage (in your case it would have been acceptable to eBay if you sent a dead plant and got Negged - go figure).

There are other ways but they usually fall under the category of trust and/or safety.

ie A seller is, or is suspected of being, a scammer (these assessments are on a case by case basis).

You've been caught out by the automated performance metrics (Seller Standard Level).

DSR's (other than late delivery) stopped being counted towards performance standards last year as did Negative or Neutral feedback.

Routinely watch your seller dashboard for any hint of a performance drop and take steps to arrest any slide you see.

Pay particular attention to any late delivery dings and extend your handling time accordingly.

If you are having problems with your housemates watering abilities, try installing a watering timer and a reticulated delivery system.

These things can be set up quite cheaply these days.

Message 49 of 60
Latest reply

Beautifully explained, dazzledayz.

One of the most frustrating things that I can see affecting selling on eBay is how the goalposts change. Especially when eBay members have sold in the past, haven't done so for a while, and then sell a few things again, it's often the case that eBay has in the interim changed the factors that affect ability to sell.

Of course it would make sense for every one of us to read every single user agreement change, and all the policies - but that's not human nature. Studies show a frankly frightening percentage of people who click onto the "I agree" button when faced with terms of service, user agreements, etc. It only gets worse when user agreements are frequently updated - as is the case with eBay's UA.

Business sellers would, I think, be among the most likely to stay informed of changes, as the changes would affect the way that they do business. They'd need to be aware of new pitfalls, new breaks, new things to avoid, new things that are permitted, new things that give them a bit of breathing room.

Occasional sellers, and in particular people who sold some things on eBay a few years ago and now have another item or two to sell... unfortunately, I suspect these are at high risk of simply not being aware of what's changed, and not really being aware that it could be so drastically changed that giving eBay an honest reason for not going ahead with a sale will land them in eBay's anechoic court where appeals for mercy and common sense are almost entirely blocked.

Message 50 of 60
Latest reply