The 3 auto-relists are NOT free anymore.

I always list my items during the free listing period and choose to have them auto relisted for free as the little relist box says.

However, since last month i have been getting charged whenever the relists happen. I checked my account today, same thing. So i chat to the  lovely person on the Ebay help team. She tells me now that unless i'm in the free listing period, i will be charged for the auto-relists.

**bleep**!!...They are supposed to be free, and guess what, it still says it's free to relist when you go to list your item.

Be warned sellers, auto- relists are NOT free.

And i reccon Ebay are just letting people discover this for themselves because i certaintly didn't hear anything about this change.

Keep a close eye on your accounts that's all i can say.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: The 3 auto-relists are NOT free anymore.

This also applys to the 'good til cancelled' format as well.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Something doesn't sound correct....I get the 3 free relists & have never paid fees....unless they go to unsold & I relist again??

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

GTC listings have always been charged for every month, unless you've got enough free listings at the time to cover them.  The difference between a GTC listing and a 30-day listing is that the 30-day listing gets a new number if it auto relists, and it drops into unsold after 3 relists (4 cycles in total).  GTC listings are charged every 30 days and auto relist doesn't apply to them.  They retain the same item number and the selling history (if there are multiples of it).

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Just checked my items that were automatically (3 free) re-listing and there was no re-list fees. 

I just edited a couple and they came up as FEES SO FAR: $0.00

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I think that makes sense, re: being charged for the re-lists unless you have the required amount of free listings available per month.

It's handy to just have the listings automatically roll over but good to be cautious and just re-list it manually yourself. That way, you can check how many listings you have left for the month and then re-list with how many free you have available.

Regarding GTC, I use them alot now and they're great. I always make sure to fall either right on or just short of the 40 free listings per month, though. So that might mean waiting for some things to sell before listing other things or listings in bulk lots to speed things along.

With GTC, it can be a little tricky sometimes to work out how many listings will make it within the 40 free, including the ones that are about to roll over, but it's worth taking the time to do that.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Did you list some of the items under one of the bonus 150 free listings promotions ?  My understanding is that relists from these promotions are not free.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@thesoulyearns wrote:
I think that makes sense, re: being charged for the re-lists unless you have the required amount of free listings available per month.

It's handy to just have the listings automatically roll over but good to be cautious and just re-list it manually yourself. That way, you can check how many listings you have left for the month and then re-list with how many free you have available.

Regarding GTC, I use them alot now and they're great. I always make sure to fall either right on or just short of the 40 free listings per month, though. So that might mean waiting for some things to sell before listing other things or listings in bulk lots to speed things along.

With GTC, it can be a little tricky sometimes to work out how many listings will make it within the 40 free, including the ones that are about to roll over, but it's worth taking the time to do that.

Did you READ the OP?

They were claiming free relists weren't. The ones that don 't require relisting until the full cycle has expired.

I'm with the rest. My free relists are still happening. And still free.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

This had me really worried, as I use the free 3 relists and have found items do often sell 2nd or 3rd time around. I just checked the seller Centre re fees and it clearly states the relists are free, and do not count towards monthly free allowance, provided you're a non store account.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I've had no problems with the 3 free relists either. Never been charged.

All I can think of is the OP must have taken up the 2664 promotion which for whatever reason do charge you for the free relists. By charge I mean that 1 listing gets used up every time an item auto relists until the relists run out and it drops into unsold.

If the OP hasn't used the 2664 promotion then they need to ring eBay.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply