The great Ebay scam

comcol
Community Member

So is this how the so called managed payments scam actually works?

Buyer used paypal to purchase items but Ebay refuses to send the money to paypal but instead holds it in their own accounts for 24-48 hrs or longer earning interest from millions of dollars it receives every day and then you wait another 2-3 days or more for it to even turn up in your bank account.

Talk about a complete scam.

Sure hope Ebay doesn't think I will be sending items out til the money is in my account because I won't be.

I would not trust Ebay as far as I can spit.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

The great Ebay scam

"Sure hope Ebay doesn't think I will be sending items out til the money is in my account because I won't be."

Then you had better increase your handling time to 5 business days or more because you tell eBay and your buyers in your listings that you will post within 1 business day from cleared payment, which means when eBay has informed you that you can post your items.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

@comcol wrote:

So is this how the so called managed payments scam actually works?

Buyer used paypal to purchase items but Ebay refuses to send the money to paypal but instead holds it in their own accounts for 24-48 hrs or longer earning interest from millions of dollars it receives every day and then you wait another 2-3 days or more for it to even turn up in your bank account.

Talk about a complete scam.

Sure hope Ebay doesn't think I will be sending items out til the money is in my account because I won't be.

I would not trust Ebay as far as I can spit.

Late to the party am I.

eBay does not have your funds in "their own accounts".

When was the last time you made a purchase with a credit card?

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

TC, you realise we are ruining a good story with facts don't you ??   true.gif

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

@comcol wrote:

But one thing in your rant you have forgotten is the customer,  the customer has paid.  So even if you are unhappy with the process you signed up to when you agreed to managed payments,  don't inflict the punishment on the customer.

If you are not happy with the process,  don't sell on Ebay, 

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

If you are on Managed Payments, then Paypal is no longer in the picture, and has been replaced by Adyen.

It is irrelevant how the buyer paid.

Do you have your payouts set to daily or weekly?

If you've just moved over to the new system, there can be a processing delay/overlap, but after the first week it runs very smoothly.

As long as the buyer has paid and Ebay has told you to ship, then you will need to do so within your handling time or risk an account defect.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

I get weekly payouts because it's convenient for me.  If Ebay make a few cents interest good luck to them.  The notion of Ebay making millions of dollars in interest a day is fanciful.  It's not a scam, it's the delivery of a service which I've found reliable.  Payouts are like clockwork and the money clears same day in my account.

If you wait to ship until the money clears you'll be out of business pretty soon.  Either your customers will neg you out of existence or Ebay will shut you down.  

If you want to operate your business with payment up front, check out Gumtree or FB.  Ebay really isnt for you

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

You will probably be heading for another holiday, obviously have not learnt much.

Learn how MP works, they do not send the money to PP, they send it direct to you after receiving it from  PP or whatever other source, and the funds do not accrue interest while processing or on hold.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

sugar249 where is your listings, you have no listings at all................. 

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

The great Ebay scam

With 64 posts on the boards I would have thought you'd have realised by now that posters often use posting ID's and not their selling ID's for the boards (as recommended by eBay).

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply