This is really weird ......

I sold a poster to the customer in the US and sent it rolled in a tube. He has come back to me with the following reply ......

"Your package came today. It didn't have a poster but instead a large wall clock that all the glass was broken. A Christmas card was inside from GenFac Plastics also. Don't know what happened but the shipping paperwork had the right info and listed contents as poster."

For a start, it is ridiculous to suggest that a large wall clock would have been somehow packed in a mailing tube.

If the package he received did indeed contain a wall clock, I can't believe that the "shipping info" on the package was correct ie with my address label, etc and have asked the customer to send a photo of the package showing the mailing address and shipping info.

The customer's feedback is excellent so I am at a loss to understand what is happening here.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ask them to provide a photo or scan of the shipping info received with the parcel, and/or photos of the parcel with the contents, then take it from there I guess.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Ask them to provide a photo or scan of the shipping info received with the parcel, and/or photos of the parcel with the contents, then take it from there I guess.

and have asked the customer to send a photo of the package showing the mailing address and shipping info.

Moviemem, if the customer is a buyer only, they can only have positive feedback, so their feedback is probably irrelevant.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Oh, well, then I have pretty much nothing to offer. :8}

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Moviemem, if the customer is a buyer only, they can only have positive feedback, so their feedback is probably irrelevant.

Yes, that's true but he has had lots of transactions so at least it is not someone without any feedback trying a scam.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

You can't be completely sure about how honest he is. Not everyone leaves feedback and saying anything against him would be a negative comment which is against ebay policy to do.

TCT
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

It would be rather weird scam saying that instead of poster they got a clock ........?:| :^O

How was the tube addressed; did you stick a label on it?  Could it have come off and somebody stuck it on the parcel with a clock?  That would be interesting to see the photos.

I think that if they leave a FB saying "instead of poster I got a large broken clock", there would not be much of a problem to remove it.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

boomct
Community Member

The only remotely logical scenario I can imagine here is that two parcels were opened by customs, the poster and a clock, and they mistakenly swapped shipping info once rewrapping them - but there would have to be a seriously inept customs officer to do this!!  (Or very hungover).    A photo would be a very important place to start!

GenFac Plastics are an Australian Company so perhaps the above scenario is possible, although from their website it doesn't appear that they sell clocks.  . .

I would contact GenFac Plastics and ask them (preceding this with "I have a strange query . . .") if they sent a clock to the US with a Christmas card, or if one of their buyers has complained about an item not arriving (or a poster arriving instead LOL!).   And let your buyer know that you have done this.  At least your buyer will know that you are doing what you can to understand what has happened which can only be in your favour.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I find it strange that he is saying the the shipping information was intact. That would have to mean that labels were somehow switched from one parcel to another. The labels I use are very secure on the tube and I very much doubt that it could be removed and put on to another package.

Good idea about contacting GenFac Plastics. I will do that.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

He may have been referring to an invoice enclosed within the packaging. Or, maybe the parcels were opened in customs, and your invoice (if you included one, that is) was somehow placed in the package, or even on the clock parcel, causing someone else's clock to go to him by mistake? That's about the only way I can think of. ?:|

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply