This is really weird ......

I sold a poster to the customer in the US and sent it rolled in a tube. He has come back to me with the following reply ......

"Your package came today. It didn't have a poster but instead a large wall clock that all the glass was broken. A Christmas card was inside from GenFac Plastics also. Don't know what happened but the shipping paperwork had the right info and listed contents as poster."

For a start, it is ridiculous to suggest that a large wall clock would have been somehow packed in a mailing tube.

If the package he received did indeed contain a wall clock, I can't believe that the "shipping info" on the package was correct ie with my address label, etc and have asked the customer to send a photo of the package showing the mailing address and shipping info.

The customer's feedback is excellent so I am at a loss to understand what is happening here.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: This is really weird ......

Or some disgruntled postal workers that thought it funny to swap some labels and invoices.

image host
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

The buyer didn't actually say he received a postal tube and what about he Christmas card, was that from you?

Have you tried doing a google search for that company name?

I eagerly await your next update.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

send him a refund and ask for the clock back , then you score yourself a clock lol

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

It's broken.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

The buyer may have sent you a message when it may have been intended for another seller?

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

He said that the shipping paperwork had the correct details and the invoice listed the item as a poster. Funny, because I listed the item as "printed matter".

The Christmas Card was from Genfac plastics - goodness knows what that is all about.

There is no way the labels could have been switched. The labels I use cannot be removed without damaging them. I used a mailing tube to send the poster so no chance a clock could have been in the package.

I'm going to do some further checking tomorrow.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Do let us know what you find out. I am afraid I do smell something not quite right, whether it is the buyer or something that happened in transit. Very fishy.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Detail photos of the parcel are definitely needed.  You need to see exactly how the parcel was addressed, and copies of the paperwork.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply