Too scared to sell

After reading so many horror stories about scammers and refunds, mBG and so much in buyers favor I just can't bring myself to list and have let the last two lots of 100 free listings go by ,as much as I'd like to.
And now the talk of so few sales is it really worth the effort?
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Too scared to sell

Maybe the powers that be will stop some newly implemented rules and regulations when they realize that it is not only hurting sellers but their own reputation
Yes Toys what I will do is wait a few months and see how things are going generally before I decide for sure to call it s quits.
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

Everyone has their own product range and business model. There are no one size fits all answers. Best to do your own thing, see what works for you and what doesnt. Concentrate on the things that sell well and work well. Learn from your mistakes ( and other peoples via the boards ). If you find you are getting a lot of claims, it may be a catagory thing that may just be too risky for ebay. Maybe try a product range that targets a different demographic of hopefully more honest buyers.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

Yes spot on Chameleon.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

Well at least I know now that all sellers are not living in fear and there are good stories to be heard about selling on eBay . Thanks again you all may have restored my confidence maybe I might just push on and stop being so paranoid lol
Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

Is there any sort of law against using the same id on two seperate selling platforms
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

opmania Community Member
2:39 PM
Is there any sort of law against using the same id on two seperate selling platforms
~~~
Nope.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

I have an elderly neighbour who loves garage sales. He went to one and saw a box full of bits and pieces and he wanted 1 thing in the box. The person said have the whole box for $1. He got home and found a pure piece of platinum and sold it for $6000. Another time he brought a surfboard which was filthy and he cleaned it up and found a signature on the bottom and sold it for $3000. You just never know what you can find........I wish I was that lucky.
Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

I loose more dollars worth of stock by deciding to junk it rather than list or refund it as its not up to scratch on second view when packing, or other genuine problem on receiving, than I ever do on fraudelent claims. Win some loose some, thats the nature of buying and selling.

Yes it bugs you, but dont let it stop you. Its the overall margins that decide whether its worth doing or no, rather than margin per item.

I am not going to pull my listing out of the worlds biggest mall to then go list them on a commuity notice board equivalent site.

Been there done that with the big O when Ebay went and removed store listings from searches altogether 9 years ago. Disgruntled sellers can only do so much buying and seller off each other.You have to be where the mass of the buying pubic are. If a minority of the public are a PIA, then thats the price.

Meanwhile keep your eyes on the forums, they are the best place to learn how to minimize risk and negative outcomes for when things do go wrong.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Too scared to sell

You can maintain a presence on a number of platforms. 

I have found that putting eggs in many baskets over the last 18 months has worked for me (and other sellers too based on some boardy's posts)

I am finding FB groups most beneficial in terms of $$$ & nice to list at no cost at all with only paypal fees to cover.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply