Tracked items payment on hold

tugioh
Community Member

As of last week Ebay started putting payment holds on all my tracked item sales until tracking is updated and scanned through the system.

I called Ebay as to why because my tracking performance is 100% and the tracking is inconvenient.

Ebay advised that it is a change in policy and this will apply to all people in Australian region 'to encourage faster postage' (which i can understand) but I cant see anything to suggest others are ont he same boat.

Can you please confirm it is you as well or is just me?

If it's just me ill call back and try get it removed.

Thank you

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@tugioh wrote:

M-Thurs, I'm busy so ill drop it in the box. Friday i'll go into thePO
Now that you mention it, i suspect it's because of that. I know Auspost do take a while to scan, sometimes not scanning until day of delivery.

Ill go to PO more often if i can

There is your problem,  at times it could look like you don't post for well beyond your handling time

at times item can sail trough with zero tracking.

A self imposed issue,  never ever post without a initial scan

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@tugioh wrote:

but I cant see anything to suggest others are ont he same boat.

Not sure how you think you can see if others are in the same boat.   But I havent noticed any change

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

the tracking is inconvenient

I suspect the key is that you don't upload tracking. hat's what I read your statement to mean.

The metric is 95% I think of tracked items must have tracking uploaded within stated handling time. This has been in place for a few years. It pays to keep up to date with eBay policy changes.

It's seems your laziness convenience has cost you a delay in accessing your money.

Start uploading ALL tracking and eventually you will meet the criterion and you should get yours funds as per normal.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Sellers who are not consistently uploading valid tracking may have funds from their orders placed on hold until a tracking scan from the carrier shows that the item is on its way to the buyer

• This may apply to sellers whose valid tracking performance is below 95%
  • If no valid tracking is uploaded, funds will be held until 3 days after the latest estimated delivery date has passed

Payments on hold | eBay

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Sorry that was a mistake on my side.

I do upload all tracking within 2 days of buyer paying and I have 100% valid tracking from Ebay. 

I've had some people make 'item not arrive' claims during the xmas ny period which is what i suspect triggered it BUT they are for items that are untracked.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I havent seen anyone post anything about it so i assume its just my account.

Thanks for letting me know that yours is till same.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I'm not sure about this, but the problem may be with the fact that you offer the buyers both tracked and untracked postage for some items.  Maybe this is confusing the bots, and they are not picking up that the buyer has selected untracked postage.

Most of our items are low price and sent untracked, and we don't give the buyers a choice of postage options unless they request a total or send us a message requesting tracked postage (only happened a couple of times in 10+ years).

So far we haven't had a problem with payment holds while offering untracked, but we don't have many INR cases opened either.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

just to clarify.....you're having issues with UNTRACKED items & eBay has sanctioned your a/c unless you upload tracking for every item???

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

My INR are always on untracked items. But seems to have flagged me and hold payments on all tracked items until it is uploaded and scanned by Auspost.

I have 100% valud tracking performance

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

thanks for your thoughts

it is possible but i havent had any issues over the 2 years until now

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply