Trouble with Bungalow Qld sorting centre

I have just been left neutral feedback by a buyer who has not received their parcel yet. On checking the tracking it shows that the item arrived in Bungalow, Qld, on April 2nd and hasn't moved since.  I'm not sure, as a seller, what I can do about this from NSW. Has anyone else had a problem with this sorting centre?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble with Bungalow Qld sorting centre

@umpteenbooks wrote:

I had a reply from Aus Post just before 5pm, admitting that they have lost the parcel. To receive a refund I now have to send them a copy of my posting receipt (I posted into the red post box!) and a receipt for the wholesale purchase of my book (I purchased last year, read it and then put it up for sale, so no receipt for this either). I have asked them how else they can help me as I purchased the tracked satchel (obviously), expecting Aust Post to deliver it safely to the purchaser and they have admitted to losing it!  Can't wait to hear a reply to this!!!!

Their T&Cs state they will provide insured or replacement cost, whichever is lower, so for the book's value, all you would need is evidence showing the cost of replacing it. (A copy of the eBay transaction invoice would also be fine). 

A lodgement receipt wouldn't shouldn't be required since there is a scan event, so I'm assuming they are asking for proof that you are the purchaser of the (or a) satchel? If it's a pre-paid, is a receipt even able to establish that anyway? (i.e. unless things have changed, they scan the product barcode but not any tracking info unless / until the satchel is lodged, which in turn should mean any receipt for a satchel (or satchels) with a date prior the posting date would suffice).

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Lodge a enquiry with Australia Post if it's gone past the expected delivery date.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou, I am giving this a try  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If you don't have one open up a mypost account where you can lodge the parcel enquiry. I find they get back to you within 24hours and usually find them very helpful.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I had a reply from Aus Post just before 5pm, admitting that they have lost the parcel. To receive a refund I now have to send them a copy of my posting receipt (I posted into the red post box!) and a receipt for the wholesale purchase of my book (I purchased last year, read it and then put it up for sale, so no receipt for this either). I have asked them how else they can help me as I purchased the tracked satchel (obviously), expecting Aust Post to deliver it safely to the purchaser and they have admitted to losing it!  Can't wait to hear a reply to this!!!!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

That's why I use MyPost.

The couple of issues I've had with lost parcels have resulted in a refund of my claimed costs - sale price + postage.

Easy as.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@umpteenbooks wrote:

Their T&Cs state they will provide insured or replacement cost, whichever is lower, so for the book's value, all you would need is evidence showing the cost of replacing it. (A copy of the eBay transaction invoice would also be fine). 

A lodgement receipt wouldn't shouldn't be required since there is a scan event, so I'm assuming they are asking for proof that you are the purchaser of the (or a) satchel? If it's a pre-paid, is a receipt even able to establish that anyway? (i.e. unless things have changed, they scan the product barcode but not any tracking info unless / until the satchel is lodged, which in turn should mean any receipt for a satchel (or satchels) with a date prior the posting date would suffice).

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou. The satchel was part of a 10pack, bought several months ago when my sales were better, so I don't know if a receipt would establish too much even if I had kept it! Trying the eBay invoice might work, I'll give that a go. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I also have MyPost but I just went ahead on the tracked parcel page......ah well .... happens ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Good news? So after replying with having an eBay receipt and explaining the 1/ 10 pack prepaid satchel purchase, AP responded quickly promising a full refund! ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I have refunded buyer, sadly managed payments still took fees away from me ๐Ÿ˜ž Thanks for all helpful suggestions.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply