Unpaid Item Fee Credit

I had a non payment about 4 weeks ago. I opened it on day 4 and closed it on day 8. I just noticed under it the message said "the case was closed without payment and you didn't receive a final value fee credit".

The sale was May 14, my billing cycle is the 15th of the month. I just checked both my April and May invoices and there was no mention of this transaction at all. No fee, no credit. 

Would that mean that I did get a credit,  despite that message? The unpaid closed email was the standard case closed you got a credit message. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

Just a thought - did you list that item during a promotion with no final value fees payable?

That could possibly explain the very odd message you received & the lack of any mention on your invoices.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

Can't help, sorry. I don't recall ever getting that message.

Try looking at your June invoice, when it's available. That will show any credits, and an itemised list of all charges.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

I have noticed items sold very close prior to the billing date don't often make it for that month but appear next month.

image host
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

*tippy*toes*, what a weird message.

That's a bit like someone saying, "Here's your bank account statement; it lists the international transfer that you didn't make, and you were charged a fee for this transfer."

(This comparison is for posting purposes only, and no effort has been made to reflect actual message practices or banking procedures. No liability will be taken for individuals reading this comparison. Mulling it over is undertaken at the individual's own risk.)

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

Just a thought - did you list that item during a promotion with no final value fees payable?

That could possibly explain the very odd message you received & the lack of any mention on your invoices.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. That could well explain it. My current invoice has a sale after that date. It was an auction item so it shouldn't be too hard to find if it was.

Watch this space!

Edit: YES! It was a promotion listing. Thanks, it was doing my head in!

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

Give them a buzz and see if you can get a credit anyway.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

wrote:

Edit: YES! It was a promotion listing. Thanks, it was doing my head in!

eBay should stop these promotions due to the serious OH&S aspects of them, in that they could easily cause terrible ongoing trauma to our more delicate and susceptible members.

As evinced by dear Tippy, the poor soul.

Spoiler
I hope the medication/padded room works quickly for you Tippy.

Spoiler
                                                          true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Thanks, it was doing my head in!

medicine-girl.gif

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Fee Credit

Go to your account activity and enter in item number in search and see if that order ever charged for fvf. If not then you may have never charged fvf to begin with. Weird though, eBay usually chages the soonest order was in even it's unpaid.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply