Does Ebay or Paypal actually look into accounts that make a lot of Paypal claims?

I sold a DVD to a buyer that put in a paypal claim immediately on the day it didn't arrive.

The dvd was posted with standard post and I'm well aware thats the risk you take when sending without tracking. 

Anyway I have since refunded the buyer but I was just looking into their feedback and see a lot of item not recieved under positive in the 'feedback left for others'

Great seller , didn’t get item but gave me a refund x 3 in a row,

and then on another page 'Didn’t get my item but full refunded, all I can say is a Great Ebayer' x 8 in a row.

These feedbacks are all left for different sellers.. I mean can someone really be that unfortunate to have that many items in a row not be delivered?

Is there a limit on how many paypal claims you can make?  

Does ebay look into this sort of thing although its not flagged under negative feedback?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Does Ebay or Paypal actually look into accounts that make a lot of Paypal claims?

Far too many buyers think/know that no tracking = Freebies.  Dont know if ebay, paypal automated systems keep tabs, but probably not interested, until someone actually uses  "report Buyer".

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Or bloody blocks the buyer

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay does not read feedback unless something is brought to their attention.   A few false positives would not ring any alarm bells unless they are reported to ebay.

As for paypal....they can refuse to honour claims if the claimant is making too many claims.  However, 2 items is not excessive from one buyer and neither is 8 items in one transaction, especially if they are small cheap items.

I have a feeling you were scammed but it is a bit late to do anything now.   You might have had a shot if you had contacted ebay before refunding.

By the way, it is against policy toleave a false positive....the buyer can have it removed and you will get a policy violation.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Lyndal it's the buyer that's leaving the feedback for the sellers

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

thanks for replying so quickly! 

its not 8 for 1 transaction, 

its 8 left for individual transactions from different sellers. 

and yes its the buyer stating they got refunded under a postive feedback so not really a false positive but more like they didn't want to leave that many negatives in a row...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Assuming that the buyer is a scammer, which seems at least highly possible, you have to wonder why he left any feedback at all, let alone feedback which effectively leaves a paper trail of what he's been doing.Man Surprised

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Some scammers are'nt so smart though

Thinking either

scammer

very,very very unlucky

Has'nt updated their address since they last moved

Either way, as far as ebay are concerned, buyers never lie Cat Frustrated

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I asked tomcollins3 to send me the buyer's name so I could take a look, and sure enough in the past six months there are a couple of blocks of feedback left  as per the screen grab below.  Looking at the rest of their feedback, they do seem to just copy/past feedback comments for long series' of consecutive purchases, so it could simply be laziness.  Seems unlikely that they received 8 items in a row where the items were sent unregistered and so they were able to try their little DNR scam.

On the other hand, looking at feedback left for them, there was a least one false postive I saw where the seller complained of the buyer doing exactly that.  Either way, the buyer invited to my party Smiley Wink

weird.jpg

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Parhaps justifying their dishonesty by thinking "at least I left them good feedback".

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply