Untrue feedback comments with no recourse

Hi all (a grumble here),

I recently recieved some negative feedback which is untrue yet I seem to have have no recourse against it (that I know of).  The seller took nearly three weeks to pay, finally paid after 5.30pm on Friday then submitted an item not recieved dispute before start of business on monday.  I sent the item on wednesday (2 predator discs). I came back from hols to find seller had left 2 lots of neg feedback comments stating that I was rude, a liar (apparently she paid within 8 days) and that the items were duds.  I must admit that I did send her a techy message after she filed an item not recieved dispute so I can live with the rude comment but I have proof via Paypal of when I recieved payment from her so I am certainly not a liar. I also stated that the items were multi-region according to the logo on the DVDs. I have played the DVDs pn several different machines so I know the discs themselves are not duds. So if there was an issue it is with the manufacturers classification.  Did she communicate this before leaving heg feedback? No. In fact I never once recieved communication from her, only disputes and falsified feedback comments despite the fact e-bay asks parties to communicate before leaving neg feedback. I feel there is grounds for defamation here as I can proove when she made payment. Failing that, I notice she is also a small volume seller so am tempted to give her some of her own medicine.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Untrue feedback comments with no recourse

They will tell you that you have max 60 days since f/back was left, but with someone we know they removed the neg after almost 6 months - as she didn't know she can have it removed to ask earlier.

On another of my IDs, I had a false negative from a seller recently removed . . . . even though it was left in Nov '09.

should have been:

On another of my IDs, I had a false positive from a seller recently removed . . . . even though it was left in Nov '09.

case_cover
Community Member

jameshouseofstyle

Also, you'd be surprised as to how really helpful Ebay is these days about unfair f/backs, it would pay you to ring them.

I don't mean any offence but that is BS, eBay don't care i have tried many times to have feedback that was said in false context removed and their response is always the same.

That is the buyers opinion and there is no grounds for removale

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Hi teddy,

sorry to hear that you didn't manage to get anywhere with Ebay, as many people have noticed that they are seemingly doing much more for sellers these days.

And buyers opinions don't count for anything if they are based on lies that can be proven to be - by various means.

Also some buyers lie through their teetth when leaving stars and forget that appart from their opinion on item condition (even that's limited somewhat) all the rest isn't really opinion based, they are factual things as there are  trails of when things get posted, how much was the postage, how and in what manner one communicated, all in black & white - clear as a bell for Ebay to see.

That is why I said what I said before - they consider all parts in desicion weather to remove f/back, not just a comment in the f/back.

Just give them another go in the morning and see how you go.

Best of luck hon,

regards, JHS

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

I too was unable to get the unwarranted negative removed

I clearly advertised AS IS, and very low price when it didn't work he left negative feedback - my 10 years of establishing 100% positive feedback went to 75% with one negative - who want's to deal with someone with a 75% feedback...??'

Does Ebay not realise they are losing business - I certainly would be wary dealing with someone with 75 % feedback

see Item number: 280917662566 - the description was very clear and Ebay couldn't or wouldn't do anything

Can anyone tell me how many positive I now need to get back to 100%

thanks.............

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Gemma - sorry to hear about your neg but the problem is you listed the condition of the item as being fully functional under the item specifics.

Even though you advertised it "as is" the buyer would have expected to receive a camera which worked regardless of the price they paid for it.

If you had listed it as not working then ebay would have removed the feedback as the condition would have been stated in the listing.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks Jen,  as you can see from my history I havn't sold a lot in the last few months,  there are so many boxes I was unaware of this one,  but so was Ebay and the buyer as that issue never came up in the conversations... but I take your point.

I am not game to list anything at the moment as people wont buy from someone with 75 % feed back

Do you know how many positives I have to get to get back to 100%. ??  I have tried to figure it out with Ebay's calculation but I am totally confused...

regards,

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Gemma,

It will take a lot of feedback to get back to 100% but the reason it is showing as 75% is because you have received so few feedback in the last 12 months.

The feedback percentage is calculated on feedback received over the last 12 months.

To improve your feedback rating you could buy a few cheap things as that will quickly improve the percentage for you.

You could also leave a polite follow up to the negative feedback as buyers will often look at how a seller responds to negative feedback.

Don't be scared to try and list a few things. I would assume you are eligible for 30 free listings a month so even if the item doesn't sell it won't cost you anything in listing fees.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

You have in the listing: This camera was last used a few years ago and was working fine and has been stored in a cupboard ever since. and had it listed in the item specifics as working.

Sorry, but the buyers Neg was justified.. You're lucky he didn't also open up at NAD dispute as well, then you would have the neg, and have to refund the buyer

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

What I said in the other thread you posted the identical question in.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply