Unusual addresses?

Hi Guys.. Has anyone noticed unusual addresses on their recent sales order details. My last 2 orders have unusual addresses. They have the;

Buyers name,

"ebay 547fgh" or something similar then

101 Blah Blah Street

Somewhere Heights

etc

So in between the buyers name & their street address there is "ebay then numbers" that dont seem to mean anything... It looks a little bit like a click & collect type of address but a lot shorter

Does anyone else know whether I should put the 2nd line with "ebay123766" into the address . I asked the 1st customer about it but they havent replied?

Thanks in advance everyone - for any advice!.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unusual addresses?

pulease.jpg  Like  I'm not even here

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

He Hee Thanks for that!! SLR Might pay for me to read updates & announcements, mightnt itSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Spoiler
I donโ€™t read updates and announcements, stawks gave that link on another thread, I just copied it from her post.
Shhhhhhhh! Donโ€™t tell.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I was informed by eBay ' Customer Service' this was a validation code between eBay and Australia Post for eBay label printing.

However, if you use MyPost portal and import your eBay orders, MyPost throws up an error with their code in Address line 1, as this field must contain a valid physical address.  So you have to remove that code as it is immaterial to MyPost, and change the fields around by re-typing Address line 1 or cut/paste - delete.

Time wasting and they have been TOLD !  Pain in the **bleep**....

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

I was informed by eBay ' Customer Service' this was a validation code between eBay and Australia Post for eBay label printing.

However, if you use MyPost portal and import your eBay orders, MyPost throws up an error with their code in Address line 1, as this field must contain a valid physical address.  So you have to remove that code as it is immaterial to MyPost, and change the fields around by re-typing Address line 1 or cut/paste - delete.

Time wasting and they have been TOLD !  Pain in the **bleep**....

New Code for eBay Orders
by eBay Employee on โ€Ž25-09-2019 09:21 AM

In October, we will be adding a unique code to address line one for all eBay orders. The code will be a combination of the word โ€˜ebayโ€™ plus seven case-insensitive alphanumeric characters (e.g. โ€˜ebay: 97sT3JJโ€™). This code will appear on your postage label as below, but wonโ€™t impact the delivery of your eBay orders.

eVTN AB.png

Do not remove or interfere with this code, to ensure the validity of tracking information associated with the delivery. If you are using an external label printing portal, be sure to add the code to address line one of the label.

eBay_for_business_logo (003).png

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/New-Code-for-eBay-Orders/ba-p/2263844

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

The validation code is between eBay label platform and Australia Post, it's confirmation so eBay can get their commission on your postage.  If you export your orders to MyPost the code is irrelevant as you pay your postage to Australia Post direct.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for posting, I was worried ebayโ€™s system was having an error that somehow showed the buyers password. So I guess I donโ€™t need to put it on letters then.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

No....just eBay/outside labelling
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

haa haa...you too?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply