Unwanted overseas Buyer

Hi, Just looking for some advice.

I've been selling a few old Dvd's and Cd's over the last few weeks and a buyer from Switzerland bought one of my items.

I had all my Buyer Requirements in place. Only Australian buyers etc. The buyer used an Australian address in Victoria as the shipping address.

After the purchase the buyer messaged me and asked if I could remove the discs ( 3 ) from the case and post them directly to him in Switzerland.

How did he get around my buyer requirements.

I spoke to Ebay and got lectured via email about buyer requirements * rolls eyes * and it's in everyones interests to have a larger international exposure for my listings... * again rolls eyes *

Ebay also suggested I should cancel the sale, but this buyer purchased the item and has paid for it, so why would he want to cancel.

Any ideas ? What should I do ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unwanted overseas Buyer

Open a cancellation, I am pretty sure there is an option to select buyer address is incorrect. I think with that option it will cancel straight away.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Obviously got around BRs by using an Aus address.

Surely there will be a difference in postage costs.

Perhaps tell him you will only send to address given - ie Aus.

The invoice should show that - even though he is now asking for different - eBay & PP state to only send to address given.

That will perhaps get him to cancel.

Anyway you look at it - not your problem. nor your 'defect' 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Open a cancellation, I am pretty sure there is an option to select buyer address is incorrect. I think with that option it will cancel straight away.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou Helen,

I sent the buyer a message saying that I would only send to the paypal address provided. And that he should get his friend to send it to him.

Then he messaged me back complaining of all the extra postage costs getting the item to him. Seriously, like I care.

The one thing he did that made me a little suspicious was his address was United 6/8 Smith street ( not the real address )  but the word United was there. Rather than the word Unit.

Anyways, I decided I didn't need the problem so I cancelled the order and refunded his payment.  Oh and one for that special list. Thankyou for your assistance.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou Harley, Ebay instructed me to do just that. Incorrect address, and presto Final Value Fee refunded. Thankyou for your assistance

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The buyer will still be able to give you a negative feedback

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I think you'll find ebay will remove it if that happens due to them having a fake/false address.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Lets hope not crow. Such a nuisance buyer. Sorted out now thankfully.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

With United being petrol stations / convenience stores, I wonder if the buyer just looked up a United store locally for an address to put down, in order to get the sale to go through, and then contacted you asking for overseas postage.  If so, that is very shady but it probably works for him sometimes as nobody likes to lose a sale.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply