Very Quiet

How is everyone faring during this Christmas Season? I hope you are doing well.

Its our first season and we didn't known what to expect, but it seems very quiet for this time of year, but looking at eBay stats for our particular items under the broad term of Tobacciana, it appears there is a lull until about April/May.

Wouldnt it be great to have a crystal ball that explains in detail why these trends happen?

We're happy though. It will give me a chance to get in front with a lot more listings. I think that's a good thing.

Happy selling.

Melina.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Very Quiet

Merry Xmas.  Normally dies off about now.  People buying gifts get a bit worried about postage times.  Then the Xmas  NY week

everyone is in holiday mode.   Then there is the big lull, where everyone is maxed out.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

Last week and half has been the deadest I have ever experienced under this ID and 2 others. Normally Xmas time glace cherries, cinnamon quills and dried nuts and fruit walk out the door both on ebay and my website. Website is slow but not as slow as this site. 

Merry Xmas . 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

Still just ticking along quietly. Sales figures look pretty reasonable, so not much different to normal. I dont get the christmas rush, but I usually dont get the post christmas drop off either and have even had some reasonable selling days on Christmas day in the past.

With a few hot days forecast I,m hoping to stay indoors and get some fresh listings done this week. 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

Dead as a door-nail at the moment - down roughly 50% on our usual tally for this time of the month. No sales at all between Tuesday and Friday of last week.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

Normally during Nov - Dec we are sending out 25-30 orders each day.

This year we've had a good day if we sent out 8.

We've been selling for five years and never seen it dead like this. Very depressing.

So during the first quarter is normally our dead time so if this is a sign of things to come we think it won't be viable to continue trading past first quarter next year.

If we are still turning in a small profit we might continue to run down stock, but it looks like trading on ebay is reaching the end for us.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

been terrible all year  ebay is rigged hopefully amazon will force a better deal for sellers..

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

Have you done any research on Amazon?

From what I have read they are no more seller friendly than ebay and may be even worse.

Their debut into Australia has been a bit of a fizzer so far.  I had a number of things that I had sourced from ebay and other online stores....I wanted to compare the prices with Amazon before buying.

There was not a single item that was cheaper and most of them were substantially more expensive.

So far Amazon is not showing any signs of being the Saviour of online shoppers in Australia....quite the opposite I would say.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

I forced myself to go have a look yesterday.

The one thing I did like was the way they set out kids toys by age groups.

But then, scrolling through the toys, it didn't warn me when i was moving into the next category & the prices didn't look anything amazing.

I suppose it's like anything else, you need to know your prices. But it's just a whole lot of new stuff (that i could see, anyway) that you can find at a lot of other stores. And no mark downs or specials. I'll give it a miss for now.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Very Quiet

A very full day spent just packing today and a rush to catch the post office before it closed. A couple of sales this evening and also negotiating a large potential order with a customer tonight, so all up its fairly busy at the moment. All stores are making sales and they are spread over a range of products.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply