Very nice overnight sales

....but on another couple of platforms where I’ve noticed not just a few, quite a lot of other eBay sellers, or ex-eBay sellers. Quite a number too, now have their own websites, which no doubt they are directing traffic to generally, but especially after the first sale.

And, yes, both platforms are much more seller and buyer friendly and efficient and cheaper by at least half. Further, they are reasonably quickly catching up to eBay buyer patronage and accordingly, sales for sellers.

Just another of my recent observations that make me wonder just how closely eBay is watching it’s own back door and whether they realise the very urgent and pressing need for some policy revision and in some cases deletion.

The exodus isn’t really on yet, and I don’t believe eBay thinks it will ever happen, but I do foresee it as other "“Good” platforms grow in popularity. The rouse won’t just come in the direction of their back door either. There’s a few platforms building nicely now, over the hump, so it will come from all sides and it won’t be easy to stop the accompanying  bleed.

I’ve always enjoyed eBay, but it’s so different, common sense wise, to say 10-15 years ago that today it’s a watchful, mindful and delicate ‘tippy toe’ around the place in order to stay both ‘clean’ and ‘unscammed.’

Just my meandering thoughts today as I try to sort a couple of issues that shouldn’t exist  🙂

Melina.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Yes Lyndal, but the only way it can be done is to close the account, the one with the wanted name, completely. Apparently after 30 days all record of it is purged from the system.

I did double check. Gawd I hope that’s enough!

But thanks for the warning.

Melina.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

WOW really?

Because I wasn't able to reuse any of my previous IDs.

Might try again lol

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Well what do you know, it worked haha

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

That’s good to know. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Wine time .... hehe!!

Mel.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

These days all usernames become available for general use 30 days after they were last used. I'd imagine with so many people now having multiple IDs there would have been a shortage of possible names if they didn't start recycling them.
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for the updated info brerrabbit......it is years since I started both of my IDs and I was knocked back on several choices because they had been used too recently.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

It must have changed, then.

When I changed my store ID to the current one, my preferred ID had been inactive for about 10 years, but I still couldn't get it.

Instead I had to pretend to be Chinese by including an Australian identifier in the name.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

It changed at least three years ago. A friend of mine discovered that the ID they really wanted was available again and they snatched it up in August 2015.

At the time I was wishing I'd kept a lookout for brerrabbit being available because I found it was now owned by a different member to the person who originally had it. I know because the first one was in the US and the second one wasn't. I never thought of being a Chinese rabbit but just added numbers.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply