seller protection how do you get it.

we use EBAY online labels which supply tracking automatically , the tracking leaves our local post office , shows online Australia Post tracking .

then shows it arrivaled Interstate , then no more tacking , customer request where is his item , we place investigation with Australia post, who after 24 hrs closes investigation states item has been lost , without any compensation , we request our customer to place a not received claim , we add tracking which was already there, Ebay close claim r after 5 days , refunds customer, closes claim stating we never supplied tracking in time, and request us to take it up with Australia post 

Where is this SELLER guarantee does it really exist 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller protection is for Paypal claims, not eBay ones.

It appears you are saying that AP lost the parcel, but you think the customer should wear the loss. That is the only explanation I can think of as to why you would get the buyer to open an INR, presumably hoping the tracking will let you off the hook. 

eBay's MGB specifically requires the seller to provide proof of DELIVERY.

What YOU need to do is pursue AP. They might compensate you the postage, maybe even the item value up to $50. No guarantees. If the item was worth more than $50, INSURANCE is an option provided for the SELLER'S protection. You either add it to the cost, or wear it for the peace of mind. And seller protection.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

no friend do not expect the buyer to lose their money ebay state they have seller protection, we do everything right buy ebay label print on line tracking automatic we do everything possible correctly, so you say we should insure every item thru Australia post , it is totally not economical to insure 100s parcels a week , specially under $50, looks like you do a lot of selling !

who’s fault is it mine the Buyer Australia Post your pretty clever mun

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Just a tip, when you are on the forums don't confuse the feedback number of experienced posters for actual selling feedback and experience, you will often be wrong. 

Latest reply

I insure everything over $50. For my own protection. If the item is worth more than $50, I build it into the price. If it is multiple purchases, I reckon the lower fees on postage cover it.

I have never had AP lose a parcel. I have had about 4 letter size items allegedly never received. I refunded the buyer.

I'm telling it like I see it. As I said, you need to chase up AP for compensation. As they admit to losing the parcel, it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll see you on the PS board? I am able to access it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Fifteen years, 20,000 sales and yet to benefit from seller protection once. That's my experience.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eBay unfortunately do not protect the seller in the sense that if you can prove shipping, the buyer is refunded but without the seller losing the money (PayPal generally don't do this either - they do only ask for proof of shipping, but in INR cases where the seller provides such proof, the buyer protection policy clearly states that the buyer is no longer eligible for buyer protection, so in both dispute resolutions, one party - either the seller or buyer - will typically lose the payment amount, unless compensation or discretionary reimbursement is provided by ebay / PayPal / Australia Post). 

With ebay requiring proof of delivery, the seller will always lose the funds in cases where shipping can be established, but delivery can not. 

As dave mentioned, the best thing to do now is get back in touch with Aus Post and ask why discretionary compensation wasn't made when they admit they lost the package. If they refuse it, you can make a case with the ombudsman. 

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/about/postal-industry-ombudsman

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I do understand , but pay pal and Ebay highlight SELLER PROTECTION it is misleading , anyone out there who buys an item from Ebay can say they never received the item even with tracking , the seller will never win , the system is full  double meaning worded & designed to only benefit THE FIRM!

I have been selling from Ebay since the SOLD.COM days in that time I have had just about every trick under the book and not in the book done on me , been studged ripped off liar to , products removed even used and return , and never ever one  1 thing always my fault , I can also say in that time I have never ripped off anyone,

its ashame the FIRM allows all these things to happen., I never expected any outcome in my favour , just worth posting to all the other sellers out there what to expect.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply