Waiting for Buyers Feedback

Hi fellow sellers. Is anyone else finding that many more buyers are not leaving feedback? I find it so frustrating NOT to know whether the item has arrived safely. I do leave feedback as soon as they have paid. Most buyers like that and are quick to respond when the item arrives. I am awaiting 8 Buyer feedbacks atm. Some as long ago as 30 days. Should I not leave feedback until they have left theirs?? Thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

Like you I wait until item is confirmed recieved OK before I leave feedback. Beware that I actually had an individual get bent out of shape and leave me neutral feedback based on me not leaving them feedback.

I really do wonder why people subject themselves to retail sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

Rob

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Hi mitrax, sadly it is a sign of the hedonistic era we live in, most get the goodies & don't give 2 hoots about letting the seller know either by email or feedback that the item arrived safely.

I find a lot of buyers are just very selfish, they don't reply to the invoice, or the follow up email to check that the parcel arrived safely....just a selfish lot of spoilt brats out there these days !!!

Fortunately there are still some thoughtful & courteous people in the world that make all the hard work, not to mention parting with something you valued [even if it was of no high value] worth it.

Just ignore the greedy ungrateful ones & concentrate on the truly thoughtful people that purchase from you, otherwise you end up very jaded.

Sadly leaving feedback as soon as they pay plays absolutely no part in the selfish leaving seller feedback !

It is just a shame we couldn't retract it & write something like 'Yet another gen XYZ selfish coot' lol.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Up to you, feedback is voluntary and only acts as a guide anyway.

I as a seller, wait simply because if I leave feedback first, the transaction disappears off all reminder lists. Like you say, it's nice to follow up and know they arrived in good order.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I am finding even though I leave feedback first, some buyers just don't leave feedback. If you look at their feedback profile you can see they never leave feedback. One sale was an expensive item where I bent over backwards with arranging a courier (even though I said pick up only) and packing for a sewing machine, they even sent an email thanking me for the great service and how well it was packed plus offered extra $ for the packing which I declined- but left no feedback.

The most annoying are sellers who leave a note in your item how important it  is to leave + feedback plue leave 5*ratings but dont bother to leave feedback or they take over week for same state post.

I have had one seller who I noticed only left feedback to other sellers to get their rating- but not to buyers.

I just go with the flow now. The only time I have not left feedback was for someone I rose a non-payment.

M

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

mrslumberjack6667
Community Member

It is just a shame we couldn't retract it & write something like 'Yet another gen XYZ selfish coot' lol.

Hey, I resent that, lol, I am part of Gen Y, we aren't all the sterotype ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„

I have noticed too though, lots of buyers not leaving FB, one waited nearly a month before leaving FB. When I buy something I leave FB as soon as it arrives. I have had one really enthusiastic buyer who left wonderful feedback as soon as he paid though (not a brilliant idea on the buyer part I hear, he's lucky I'm a nice seller ๐Ÿ˜‰ LOL) and that was rather uplifting. But S_O_M is right, there are some courteous people out there still.

We are what we repeatly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle.

If you take the Bible and put it out into the rain, wind, rays and snow, it will soon dissolve. My religion IS the rain, wind, rays, and snow.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

The only feedback that makes any difference to anyone is Negative Feedback.

A buyer who doesn't leave feedback is giving you 100% positive. So leave it alone, don't worry about it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

pinklnl
Community Member

Yes I have this problem. I was selling 400 items a year and only getting maybe 220 ppl who leave feedback, about half. It is annoying because this affects feedback percentage. My percentage would be a lot higher if people took 20 secs to leave it, even some regulars just don't bother. At any one time I can have 30 transactions awaiting feedback and they just slip off the page with no notes left. This is one reason why I don't really use ebay anymore, that and because the buyers have all the power. Perhaps if they neglect feedback ebay should give an automatic positive after the 60 days...it would solve most of my problems regarding feedback percentages etc.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I always leave feedback for buyers as soon as the item is paid for - that is their part of the transaction completed.  I don't care if I don't receive feedback.  A buyer will soon let you know if something goes wrong. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I have this problem. I was selling 400 items a year and only getting maybe 220 ppl who leave feedback, about half. It is annoying because this affects feedback percentage. My percentage would be a lot higher if people took 20 secs to leave it, even some regulars just don't bother. At any one time I can have 30 transactions awaiting feedback and they just slip off the page with no notes left. This is one reason why I don't really use ebay anymore, that and because the buyers have all the power. Perhaps if they neglect feedback ebay should give an automatic positive after the 60 days...it would solve most of my problems regarding feedback percentages etc.

It only affects your percentage if you have negs. And, who knows, some of that non-feedback might have been negative.

No feedback = positive feedback.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply