Warning - don't disclose contact partics

Admittedly I do communicate with our customers quite a bit. I really enjoy it, but now I'm getting a constant warning about disclosing contact partics, which I haven't, also explaining that eBay email is monitored and advising of the consequences should I not comply.

i hope this is just an automated eBay thingy, is it? Or am I being monitored because I'm a jawflapper?

And, good afternoon everyone Smiley Happy

Melina.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Warning - don't disclose contact partics

Haha!! I've got it!!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

It very much seems that ebay believe everyone's communication skills are as poor as theirs 

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Oh I do love DT as DW  Heart

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Oh I do love DT as DW  Heart

I always thought that Tennant was the most enjoyable to watch, but that Smith got the best stories overall so I enjoyed his run the most (not hard when one of the episodes was penned by Neil Gaiman, who is a personal favourite author of mine, :D).

On topic: just thought I'd mention another seller has advised that eBay suspended their messaging privileges for providing a buyer with contact details on a pick up item, after they had purchased an item but sent through a question on a different item that they hadn't purchased (the suspension was overturned, but it would seem the automated system will only check if the buyer has bought the specific item the message is related to).

Makes me wonder what happens when you contact a member directly, i.e. not via an item, and include contact details, though I can probably guess.  

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Whoever can either : 1- convince Ebay that it is not a federal offence to exchange details (it's called civilization) or 2- work out a way to circumvent all their paranoid BS , will be very popular (and maybe get rich!!) 

I thought of getting one of those Batman sky projectors to put my contact details on, but there are no clouds when you need them.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I think those messages are only new in the last day or so. I message most buyers after I send their items and yesterday was the first time I saw the top message. I haven't seen the bottom one yet.

I think they're shooting themself in the foot. Is it good business practice to suspend a seller with $10K sales a month just for one possible private sale? Sure, they might miss out on fees for one sale, but if they suspend the seller they miss out on fees on $10K. Figures are just an example and don't refer to anyone I know.
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply