We Need To Laugh

Woman Happy

It is very rarely that something truly funny happens on eBay...but read on....

Because of the glitch in the system, causing "Zoom" function not to work....I inserted a listing asking buyers to click into sellers "Shops" to try and enlarge the pics.

Well, someone purchased the listing, paid the $1.01 and now is causing havoc trying to get me to post her her purchase !! @@  ##

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

So I refunded her purchase, emailed her, explained what she had done...end of story...YES....NO

She purchased the relisted information listing....so another refund, blocked buyer list....and on we go.

Now she is sending me fake emails from eBay warning me to respond to her claim or else!!!

So it is not all gloom and doom for some...out there, in the world, there are folks having fun by themselves...yee hah

Happy eBaying everyone

....karen

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: We Need To Laugh

Cat Surprised

Hi there,

I am sure you were the ebayer who said to click into the store, and there was an enlarge feature working there ??  Sorry if I am wrong,

but either way, it actually works...so blah blah did the listing, made a sale....and the story goes on.

Fun chatting

.........karen

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

thank you twyngwyn,

It doesn't matter what Ebay has as a rule (not a seller so I didn't feel the need to read your link), but if I was I don't think think I would pay too much mind to most of the "rules" - as I can think and decide what is best for me - as long as it's not cheating anyone.

And OP certainly wasn't doing that. On the contrary!

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

yes, I did....but i didn't suggest what you've done

just do an advanced edit & create a link to your store
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Hello Again,

As eBay has informed me there is no "Glitch" I don't feel there is a need for the listing so I may remove the listing altogether.....hahahaha

Gee these posts get a bit firey between posters.....chill out people, I just wanted to give you all a laugh....it is ONLY eBay after all,

not all out nuclear war......

Don't take it so seriously....I know you didn't suggest I do a listing, but you did know about the enlarge feature working in "shops" so I thank you for that.

I am sorry to have done the post now, think I will keep off the community boards, they are a bit full on for me.  I just want to sell stuff, not make eBay policy....but come to think of it, I reckon I could do a better job than the people who are running it now.

Bye all,

may or may not be back...

karen

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

in future, for this purpose you can actually create a "test listing" - in the link already posted above - https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Upping the pricemakes no difference.  It is still against ebay policies.

Please read this again.

listing.PNG

Ebay has been handing out a lot of selling restrictions lately.

That's 7 days you won't be able to access your account.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

@ruefulroo wrote:

As the buyer is insisting on receiving her purchase, I am sending a copy of the actual eBay listing via post....I would love to be there when she opens the envelope....when she has been waiting for a parcel.!!

Obviously it was not my intention to mislead or deceive, but it appears I have done just that....the Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions, so I guess I am going to Hell

not hell, but I think a negative will come your way when the envelope arrives.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Hello,

thanks for your input, and I probably deserve a Neg for being stupid....in hindsight the listing was not within eBay "rules", but I don't think I did anything punishible by death.....

Funny thing is I have no record of a sale for this fruit loop....I did refund both Pay Pal payments, and blocked her, but cannot locate anything such as Item to be posted, etc., ....maybe eBay removed it, as she did contact them, but they basically wiped their hands of her, advising they were not able to intervene....

Ooops I have just received another email from her insisting that her set be as nice as the one I actually have listed.....got to go and reply to that one....I am exhausted and not laughing anymore

Bye community people

.....karen

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

ruefulroo wrote:Smiley Very Happy 

Funny thing is I have no record of a sale for this fruit loop....I did refund both Pay Pal payments, and blocked her, but cannot locate anything such as Item to be posted, etc., ....maybe eBay removed it, as she did contact them, but they basically wiped their hands of her, advising they were not able to intervene....

Ooops I have just received another email from her insisting that her set be as nice as the one I actually have listed.....got to go and reply to that one....I am exhausted and not laughing anymore

if you are still thinking of sending the buyer a print copy of the listing you can check the email you use for this eBay ID.  You may have received a "Your item sold" email.

Failing that, check your PayPal emails/account.  The original payment advice would have the buyer's name and posting address.

These emails should still be in your email inbox no matter what action eBay or PayPal take as they do not have the authority to meddle with your emails.

Also, I would only reply to the buyer one more time saying something like:

"I can now see that I made a big mistake by making the listing to try to inform members on how to view enlarged photos of my items.  I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding I have caused and I do regret doing the listing.  There is no item with that listing, it was for information only.

I will not be messaging about this any more as there is nothing more I can say.

Once again, my sincerest apologies"

Spoiler
I don't think it will stop a neg though
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

it's in your sold items
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply