Weird UPC relist glitch?

Tonight, for the first time, I got an email from Ebay saying that 4 of my listings (which are GTC) were not relisted as they were missing UPC, Brand, or MPN.

I went over each listing and everything is in there, so I can't understand it.

I updated all my listings last year when the UPC changes came in and have had no issues until now.

Anyone else experience this glitch?

From memory, wasn't there a way you could bulk check all your listings to see if there were any issues?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Weird UPC relist glitch?

I had this occur once - and when I went back and looked it was a multi-variation listing which had one of the variations which didn't have a UPC entered and didn't have "Does not apply" selected. 

Once I fixed this on that listing, it hasn't occurred since. I can't offer much more assistance than that - but that was my only experience. 

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Apparently, eBay has acknowledged this as a widespread glitch. 

Three of my listings have now been ended - not too happy about one of them, the other two were older and I probably haven't lost much in terms of sales history and current interest. They all had their product identifiers in place, so the issue is on ebay's side.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Yes we got this last night for five of our listings.

I have been over all my listings prior using Excel and CSV download data of active listings.

I know nothing was missing.

Indeed when I checked the "offending" listings all data was present and correct anyway.

Most annoying as they were our top sellers and all the sales history has been lost now.

There was one listing that was not even mentioned in the email we received too.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I just had same on one listing. I do have a question. I alot of my MPN's etc I put does not apply in my listings. I can understand it with car parts etc but nobody has ever searched by a part number for some plates. Is this OK? If its not thats it for me on ebay as I wont be adding the MPN's my sales volume doesnt justify it I'll just move on.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

his is the explanation from ebay: 

I understand this concerns you as you're sure that required product identifiers were provided for your listing of. Please know that we have an ongoing issue with compliant listings not renewing automatically. This has been highly escalated to our technical team to be looked in to and be assured that we're doing our best to get this rectified as soon as possible and to avoid this from happening again.

Furthermore, I'll forward the details of your account to be added to the list of affected members, and best thing to do is to re-list your item manually.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption and trust that the engaged team is looking into the issue. Hoping for your patience and understanding. Have a good one.

Two of my Good until cancel listings were unlisted in 3 days. These two are not popular listings...but what worries me is my best sellers which has 1000+watchers. 

Oh my god, it is torturing me!!!!!!

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Yep me too, losing a few listings each night ....Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

This is soooooo not fair and we have nowhere to complain! 

Only the useless apologies?

Every single listing of mine has upc,  I double check and double check and double check when I listed them…..

eBay unlisted my unpopular listings AND it feels like I’m waiting for the death penalty because once ebay unlisted my best sellers, I can officially shut my ebay store down!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I have experienced this for the last 3 days. I couldn't work out what was going on as all of the fields are filled in. One was a relatively new listing and eBay wouldn't have let me list it if it were missing details.

I hope I don't loose anymore.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I think the frustrating thing is that when you look at how much is paid in fees and they can't even have the tech support to fix these problems as soon, or soonafter they pop up. They should be on top of it - after all, they're a technology-based company. 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply