What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

I have beeen trying to sort an issue with ebay out for a while now. In a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with.

Is there an ombudsman that can help with this issue? I am based in Australia.

Message 1 of 146
Latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

Re: What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

Welcome to my nightmare Woman Frustrated

Message 11 of 146
Latest reply

So she bought the dress for an event. Once she'd worn it, she no longer had a use for it, so wants to return it. So she doesn't have to pay postage to return it, she claims not as described. Welcome to the world of ebay wardrobing. If you are going to sell clothes, be prepared for a lot of this, especially if they are designer labels or evening wear. Right at this moment there would be other sellers with return requests for shoes and handbags from the same buyer. Ebay refuses to stop them. In fact, eBay encourages them.

Message 12 of 146
Latest reply

Am I missing something here?
You had agreed to accept the return, right?
If so then the buyer has five days to lodge a tracking number which is supposed to prove they have sent it back.
When that tracking shows delivered then this is when you are supposed to refund the buyer.
EBay are simply not supposed to refund the buyer until both these things happen.
Message 13 of 146
Latest reply

Yet eBay still does it go figure,maybe eBay thought that a sweat stain was inrepairable lol.

Clarry even 2 years ago eBay let my scam buyers keep my items and refunded them.

Ebay does whatever they like to keep their buyers(scammers) happy

Message 14 of 146
Latest reply

EBay are aiding and abetting crime. They don't want to do anything about thieves as they are making 8.5 billion dollars a year off them. They said they will 'monitor them' and pretty much "tough luck you were scammed, thanks for choosing eBay" Authorities need to step in.
Message 15 of 146
Latest reply

Yep they are thieves plain n simple I'll never use eBay to buy or sell again mofos
Message 16 of 146
Latest reply

Message 17 of 146
Latest reply

Better sell on Facebook and not use PayPal as eBay own it
Message 18 of 146
Latest reply

Ebay does not own paypal any more.

They are two separate companies.

Message 19 of 146
Latest reply

I have closed down 2 weeks ago 440 listings in my Ebay shop because of on-line theft. A very expensive Fendi dress (see this stunning garment below) sent to London was scammed under Ebay's seller protection policy - she put in a not as described dispute, won & is keeping my beautifuul dress because I was prepared to fight the claim resulting in not facilitating a RETURN LABEL. Last week she was refunded the monies for this dress which were held in my Paypal account for more than a month. As a TOP RATED SELLER & POWER SELLER here in Australia the case went out of Australian hands into the UK system and I was given no protection what-so-ever (Australia Ebay was pitiful). I cannot sell my stunning garments with policies like this. When googling problems with Ebay a plethora of posts come up stating EBAY/PAYPAL ARE THIEVES across the board including paying NO TAX.  In the meantime I am still selling on Etsy which is building up nicely and encourages sellers to have a social network profile of some kind FACEBOOK BEING THE PREFERRED ONE. I have told my 100's of followers on Ebay to go to Facebook if they are not members of Etsy. The listings can be linked to facebook with the click of a button so not to labour intensive. I may have to change my lifestyle as most of my money came from Ebay but they will have to beg me to come back if they ever come to their senses.  In the meantime she has trashed my 100% feedback & I have cancelled more than 4 overseas sales of very expensive dresses so I am not scammed again and which have depleted my top-rater seller dashboard.  I do have Ebay Sydney's Head Office address from 10 years ago (I believe they are still there) and will be mailing a letter to them to to let them know how diabolical I think they are.

Message 20 of 146
Latest reply