What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

I have beeen trying to sort an issue with ebay out for a while now. In a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with.

Is there an ombudsman that can help with this issue? I am based in Australia.

Message 1 of 146
Latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

Re: What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

Sorry guys, did not realise how OLD this thread was.  Note to self - CHECK before opening mouth

Message 101 of 146
Latest reply

lzgreen
Community Member

Am a long time buyer with Ebay with not much issue until am selling one expansive item for with the street value of 3.7k.

Buyer received item claiming the  delivery guy had stolen the items  and sent me a few photos of the opened box.

Funny that in one of the photo the buyer sent to me he had accidently shown the supposedly stolen parts is in his house (how funny!).

I have questioned the buyer then he admitted he had received and taken it.

Prior to that he had already claimed insurance citing lost of items thus the insurance fraud team is on the case too.

Reported to the police and they are working with the insurance team.

Problem:

Called Ebay 18 times and no one cares about it not reading the evidences and I only have 4 days to come to a solution. All I get is auto messages.

Can ebay be so incompetend?

Am taking this to media at this stage and does anyone know what can i do about it?

Message 102 of 146
Latest reply

Give ebay the Police Case number and the details of the insurance company investigation if you have them.

Message 103 of 146
Latest reply

Im considering taking ebay to court for aiding and abetting crimes 

their terms and conditions are discriminatory

If I win an auction..but dont pay- I get a strike..that restricts my trade with some sellers..ebay is NOT a court and has no judicial power

BUT  If I win an auction   (which ebay will claim is a contract- and I agree)  the seller can simply cancell the sale without my consent.  it don matter if I been up all night all week compiling an order (winning auctions) over that time..its just too bad..**bleep** off

ebat does not take action against the seller..they get off scott free

I asked ebay for an address for service of legal documents..they refused- many times. I also told them that to refuse service is a crime 

and yes..they typically dont address ones issues   fn germs 

Message 104 of 146
Latest reply

shhhhhh!

Don't lay out your legal strategy on these boards as some members believe there are eBay employees who post here. Wouldn't want to give them time to prepare a defence now, would we!

Please do keep us up to date on the progress of your case though. We might have to come up with some code words so that those suspected eBay workers don't know what we are talking about.

Spoiler
first code word is . . . 
Spoiler
APRIL
Message 105 of 146
Latest reply

@ebysux1 wrote:

Im considering taking ebay to court for aiding and abetting crimes 

their terms and conditions are discriminatory

If I win an auction..but dont pay- I get a strike..that restricts my trade with some sellers..ebay is NOT a court and has no judicial power

BUT  If I win an auction   (which ebay will claim is a contract- and I agree)  the seller can simply cancell the sale without my consent.  it don matter if I been up all night all week compiling an order (winning auctions) over that time..its just too bad..**bleep** off

ebat does not take action against the seller..they get off scott free

I asked ebay for an address for service of legal documents..they refused- many times. I also told them that to refuse service is a crime 

and yes..they typically dont address ones issues   fn germs 

Serve the papers on ebay's Australian Lawyers.....they should be listed in the Users Agreement

Message 106 of 146
Latest reply

ebay does not care about sellers. they will use you until your done.

ask, DEMAND for the ebay legal contact details and go direclyt to your local courts like VCAT.

that is the only way to get a result.

Message 107 of 146
Latest reply

If you want to take ebay to Court it has to be done under NSW law as ebay operates under NSW law.

If you want to take an individual seller to court you may have to do it in the court in the state where the seller is located.

Message 108 of 146
Latest reply

The ACCC will not and cannot help in this, i know i too have tried.

Message 109 of 146
Latest reply

@49gran wrote:

The ACCC will not and cannot help in this, i know i too have tried.

Why did you not post this on this thread in 2015

Message 110 of 146
Latest reply