What does "MPN" mean?

MPN shows up when filling in specifics, what does it stand for?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What does "MPN" mean?

Manufacturers Product Numbe (or part number)

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What does "MPN" mean?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Manufacturers Part Number I think

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

Manufacturers Product Numbe (or part number)

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

So if the Seller States that MPN as 'DOES NOT APPLY', the Item would be a Pirated/Unlicensed Product: is THAT Correct? ..... If so, how do you allow these on eBay? ..... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NASA-Space-Symbol-Astronaut-Logo-Mens-T-Shirt-Halloween-Unisex-T-Shirt-T...
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

Not at all.

It just means that whoever manufactures the item has not assigned a Part Number.

eg if the items are hand made to order by the seller as ours are.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

MPNs are used more in some industries that others - an item without a part number doesn't make it a fake.

https://resources.datafeedwatch.com/academy/mpn

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

@prodigal_endeavourwrote:
So if the Seller States that MPN as 'DOES NOT APPLY', the Item would be a Pirated/Unlicensed Product: is THAT Correct?

It means I can't be bothered entering lots of numbers and letters and might get them wrong anyway when I can just simply pick Does Not Apply.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

@melbourneclearancewrote:

@prodigal_endeavourwrote:
So if the Seller States that MPN as 'DOES NOT APPLY', the Item would be a Pirated/Unlicensed Product: is THAT Correct?

It means I can't be bothered entering lots of numbers and letters and might get them wrong anyway when I can just simply pick Does Not Apply.

Smiley LOL..Man LOL..Cat LOL

Or it might mean that I dont want my item compared to dozens of others, with generic listing and making a race to the bottom on price the only option to stand out from the crowd.

Or it might mean that when I do enter the part number 9 times out of 10 I get an error message from ebay, stating the number does not exist. When I check for typo,s I find I have entered the number correctly. I suspect ebay just work off a data base that may be reliable for iphones and new release books, but if the item is a rare part for a 30 YO. motor cycle, it does not appear on the data base and ebay chucks a wobbly. 

So now I dont even bother....... I automatically click " Does not apply ". ..... Just another example of where the constant ebay gremlins are driving sellers away from the reasonable programmes they introduce.

Another current instance is the gauranteed delivery programme. Ebay are currently inviting sellers who meet the requirements to sign up, but who in their right mind would sign up to the programme when ebays estimated delivery times are unrealistic and AP is getting slower and less reliable by the day ?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

Or it might mean that the seller can't find the MPN, in my case because the people I bought from didn't supply one, possibly because they themselves didn't get one.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

What does "MPN" mean?

A manufacturer part number (MPN) is a series of numbers and/or letters given to a part by its manufacturer.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply