What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

YES!! That's what I mean! A second product line! Sooo glad it seems to be working cos usually this time of year all I can hear is crickets!!! My watchers have doubled too! Whereas they had got quite low recently!! So I totally think it's working now I've found a suitable 2nd product

Message 101 of 148
Latest reply

Another that may be affecting sales would be Facebook. Personally I sold over a $1000 dollars worth of stuff  in a week. Guess what? Fee free and able to give buyers a little discount as I  didn't have to pass on the Netflix or FVF fees on posting.

I just take advantage of $1 listings for certain items. 

Message 102 of 148
Latest reply

No crickets here. Far too wet!
Message 103 of 148
Latest reply

Facebook? We stopped using Facebook and Gumtree. Too many idiots and time wasters who want to inspect things and too much hasstle arranging times for pick ups and inspections.

Message 104 of 148
Latest reply

@meliquidation wrote:

Its definitely possible... I THINK that we've had a slowdown recently - it certainly seems so. We didnt go with the 3 day thing yet - I just dont know how on earth we could possibly guarantee something will arrive in 3 days??? Australia post isnt that fast! Couriers are that fast (only to certain locations). How the hell can anyone offer 3 days???

(btw we dispatch the same day as the order and then it gets picked up by courier the following day)

My figures from seller hub jump around a bit but are as follows.

Largest store      * Up 32% on previous month

* down 4.6% on one year ago

Smaller store      * Down 1.4% on one month ago

* up 12.7% on one year ago

New store with different product lines -

* ten sales for the weekend from approx. 250 listings. Just a good, solid normal weekend for this one.

To summarise, sales are fairly consistent with no major rises or falls, even on a 12 month trend.  What is suprising is that sales are holding strongly even though I am only spending minimal time on ebay recently. If I put more time and effort into the new store I could easily lift sales on this one as it responds quickly to new listings.  All up a fairly good result and no indications of a sales slow down.

Message 105 of 148
Latest reply

muh1534
Community Member
Hello
Not many people trust EBay
High prices , because of eBay fees
Some sellers are 100% and top rated but there rating is really 20%
eBay also removes bad feedback, should stay on😡
People are not stupid
There guarantee is bull**bleep**
I am still out of pocket $38
Cheaper to buy , directly and that’s what people are doing
You can thank Mr EBay
How are going out back confidence to people ?????????
Message 106 of 148
Latest reply

I don't think ebay is any less trustworthy than it was about 14 years ago. In fact, probably the opposite.

I am mainly a buyer these days & I have more confidence now than I had back then.

I've found sellers have had to lift their standards a LOT.

I no longer get sellers taking their own sweet time to post off a parcel, whereas back in the day, most seemed to take at least a week.

Now most things are posted within 24 hours, 48 hours at most.

And if something goes wrong and I have had to contact ebay (only happened to me once), I have had good support.

Then there is paypal. If you don't get something, you'll get your money back. I've never had to use it on ebay but did once with a photo company that went into receivership & I was so thankful I was able to get my $78 back.

Do I have 100% confidence in ebay? No, because there are a lot of different sellers. I avoid buying some things on ebay and I avoid some sellers but on the whole, I think ebay is safer for buyers than it used to be.

I still use it and friends do occasionally but of course, there is a lot more online competition these days.

Message 107 of 148
Latest reply

Yes I have the same problem and also the scrolling tool is not working properly

upthearts6

Message 108 of 148
Latest reply

I spoke to eBay today and they said that there are some issues with eBay site and they are trying to fix it So you are right when you said they turned the switch back on even if you were joking. 

Regards, upthearts6 

I have had low sales as well.

Message 109 of 148
Latest reply

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in your other posts, but why on earth are you subscribing to a store when you've appear to have had only one sale since mid-July ?????

I suspect you need to have a good look at your prices, they seem to me to be extremely high for what's on offer, have a look at some of the same items for sale by other sellers to get an idea of what you can expect to get for your items.

members here will tell you that you need to have 100 plus items WITH a good sell-through rate to make having a store viable.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 110 of 148
Latest reply