What is a good interstate freight service?

dannisales
Community Member
I am in Melbourne and have an item with too big a girth for Australia post to take. Can anyone give me a company names that has an online calculator?
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: What is a good interstate freight service?

You send me something via fastways and you are lining your self up for one fat negative

........  I live 15 kms off the pacific highway..... fastways ring with the message "I do not deliver to your area"...then say "I can drop it at XXXX" when I go to pick it up at XXXX, (a plant nursery) 

XXXX proprietors rip it into me for getting parcels dropped off at their business without prior consent 😐 ....... this happened to me more than once

........ THIS HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN YESTERDAY........... yesterday the idiot left that message above on the answering machine

......................... some sellers cannot understand why a buyer will blame you for the actions of a subcontractor.........

However  what else can I do to stop having to drive ebtween 15 and 35kms to pick up items that are randomly left wherever.........

What irks me the most is when I buy Fastway ticket books ie. when I spend money with the local vendor

...fastways comes up my driveway to my house and picks up parcels.

It is a fact that the receiving fastways vendor gets but a pittance to deliver ...that's why they don't go out of their way

........however that is up to the seller and the courier to work out.......

FASTWAYS, AAE ,STARTRACK , COPE ,TNT ARE ALL TARRED WITH THE SAME BRUSH IN THE BUSH...AND THAT IS THEY WILL NOT GO OFF THE TAR...

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I could not agree more viewmont....every delivery I have had via Fastways has been a disaster.

I am surprised at what you say about AAE though....they should leave it at your local post office if it cannot be delivered to your home.

Startrack and AAE are now one and the same...ring the local depot and make a formal complaint if goods are being left anywhere but the PO or your home.

I would also recommend using Temando...it will give you a choice of services and couriers that you cannot access for a one off package.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I got sent a email from a user yesterday advertising fastway, not sure if its legit or not.

My name is Wayne and I'm currently an ebay user, I'm also from Fastway Couriers. We offer a prepaid carton and satchel system that sends locally 25kgs from $5.55 and 5kg nationaly from $6.00 .. same day delivery in Sydney metro, 24hr track & trace, no redelivery fee's and coverage of $1500 for every parcel/satchel at no extra cost. If you have any questions or would like more information please call me,

he has provided his phone number.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sellers obviously find the Fastway terms acceptable or they would not be using them in the first place.  But they change their minds in a hurry when the buyer complaints start rolling in.

For the most part though, a courier company is only as good as its sub-contractor in any particular area.  The driver in my area is awful...English is definitely his second language, to the extent that it is almost impossible to understand him and he cannot understand simple requests about re-delivery.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!

This is my first ever online complaint. I am that unhappy I signed up just to warn people from using this company.

To cut a long story short, I cancelled an order that smartsend picked up anyway and continued to charge me despite my cancelation. I couldnt do anything about it. They refused to admit they had made an error in not communicating the cancelation to their drivers. I really could not believe the lack of understanding or sentiment from this company.

SAVE YOURSELF SOME MISERY, DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!!!

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

ist fleet express. sold many heavy items to eastern staters (not on this site) buyers seem to like this mob.

Signatures suck.
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

I had a computer delivered by DHL; I received it the day after it was sent and it was packed well.. Glad I paid the extra for a courier.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

DO NOT USE SMARTSEND!

This is my first ever online complaint.

and you choose to drag up a thread that hasn't had any activity since Jun last year, and was first started in October of 2011 !!!!!!!  Welcome to the eBay discussion boards.

For future reference, if you want to get a message out and about online I suggest you sart your own thread on these boards.

This next bit is not aimed at you, it is just a message to warn others that THIS IS AN OLD THREAD so that they do not add to it any more.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT . . . . . FIRST STARTED IN OCTOBER OF 2011

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD, LET IT R.I.P.

transdirect is much discussed. I have used them 4 times.

The plus is they are cheap- although e-go may be cheaper. They are cheapest when both sender and reciver use a workplace. Domestic delivery and pickup add costs. They are an agent- choose toll ahead of Allied

The minus. Both  sender and receiver have to be home all day (unless they arive early). So think very seriously wheter that suits you. They have big fees for redeliver (particularly

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

i doubt that danni will be back.

This thread is TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD. even though it has been bumped a lot, the last post was EARLY LAST YEAR.

I'm sure, in TWO AND A HALF YEARS, danni has worked out which couriers are reliable.

And the information about specific couriers, which you have dragged back into the light of day, could well be irrelevant after that time.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply