What is my eBay status as a seller , eg private or power or business.

cddlb
Community Member

I was invited to list 10 items in March with no fees ie either listing or FV.  This was offered to those who have not been on ebay for at least a year and are new or casual users of eBay.  I have now listed  my 10 items and have another 11 items ready to list in the 40 items free per month.  I am using templates to prepare my items. 

Apparently I am not elegible for the relist x 3 for free option becasue I have over the years sold/listed 497 item - have a feed back of 444.  I have NOT sold since July 2014 so it has been some time between sellling.  I had a live chat with Cheryl who advised me that becasue of my previous  sales record I do not qualify as the chriteria has changed in that time.

I find that a bit harsh.  On one hand I get the offer yet when I start listing I am supposedly in a different catagory.  The 3 free relistings are for me an emormous carrot. 

The peamble is leading to the question - so what category am I?  If a "casual" is it because I am using the template option to prepare my listings that I am not getting the 3 fre relisting?  Or some other reason?

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day  cddlb

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: What is my eBay status as a seller , eg private or power or business.

Thank you again.  As you can guess I am finding, what to me, are new systems a bit difficult to get my head around.   🙂  C

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

In a nutshell, hold off listing until Sundays (unless you want to use your 40). On Sunday morning, scroll right down the bottom of your selling page to the promotion box and you should be able to accept the Sunday promotion. List as many items as you can and relist any that have ended. List for BIN of 30 days. If it turns out that after 30 days everything is going to end on say a Monday, end them all manually and relist on the Sunday. I think that's your best bet if you can't get the 3 free relists.

Of course, like everything eBay, the Sunday thing won't last forever. It could stop at any time, which will then mean you have a lot of items sitting in your unsold box. Worry about that when you get to it as there are things you can do so you don't lose them. In the mean time, make the most of it.

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks "tippy Toes" !!
Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Not everyone gets the Sunday promo, Tippy.

I'm sure I did a post here yesterday but it seems to be gone so I'll repeat it, or the part of it I didn't get wrong. :o(

I found on one ID that I sold a bit more when I changed everything to 30 days. I know they get seen more in newly listed and ending soonest on a shorter duration but if they end up sitting in unsold for a good part of the month you've got nothing to lose by changing them to 30 days. Ebay shows ads for listings on everyone's listings so your items may get seen that way mid-cycle. For a while I kept an eye on my listings and very few sold at the start or end of their cycle, so shorter durations aren't always the answer.
Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks.  I read a big article on Dr Google about "or nearest offer" yesterday.  What is your take on that?  Most seem to like it tho it did depend on your reserve.  Not sure what it all meant  but sounded interesting.  In some ways I do want to sell (of Course) for the highest offer but if they sit there and do not sell or sell because (asI did) for a rediculous amount!   With the 30 days I guess there is no auction figure as it would then sit there untill the end of the 30 days. 

I have been getting emails about the Sunday promo's sinnce I re-started back on eBay.  One of thereasion I find it odd that I have, so far, not received the free relist x 3 option.

Cheers.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

If you were reading an article which mentioned Reserves on ebay then it was nothing to do with ebay Australia....there are no Reserves on ebay.au.

It sounds like it was talking about the US site where the rules can be very different.

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

@lyndal1838wrote:

.there are no Reserves on ebay.au.

Apart from real estate and motor vehicles.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal 1838 - I did wonder as had not heard about it before.

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

If you're getting the Sunday promos then list as much as you can on Sunday so that you can relist them the next Sunday, and just use the 40 for any that you want to end on other days, or that you're prepared to put on 30 days.

If you use best offer you can set it to automatically accept offers over a certain amount if you want to. This means that the item sells if they offer more than the 'reserve' you put in, though they don't use the term reserve. Personally, I don't use best offer because I feel it can make you look desperate and people will always offer you less.

Just be patient because some things just need the right buyer to come along.
Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

Thank you brerrabbit. You along with the many others on this thread have been so helpful. THANK YOU.
Message 40 of 46
Latest reply