What would be a reasonable price to charge for a bundle of OOP DVD's?

tmnt14
Community Member

Hey I have a bundle of old OOP TMNT DVD's I wasn't sure how much to charge for them or if anybody would be interested in them. It's the 2003 series Seasons 1-7 and the Turtles Forever movie. With a lot of people streaming and that new box set that came out recently I'm not sure if people would be willing to pay a bit extra for the older 4kids releases of the DVD's.

Season 1 Part 1 and Part 2 are region 1, same for both parts of Season 2. Season 3 Box 1 and Box 2 are the Australian releases, Season 4 Box 1 and Box 2 are Australian as well. Ninja Tribunal (Season 5) is region 1, same for the 2 volumes of Fast Forward (Future Shellshock and Day of Awakening), Back to the Sewer has 2 volumes (Something Wicked and City Under Siege) which are Australian. Turtles Forever is the uncut region 2 release. I'm including the region 1 release of Season 4 in the bundle as well since it comes with a couple of short episodes in the extras. The Seasons 3 and 4 box sets I bought from Australia had a bit of a musty smell on them but I cleaned the boxes to get most of the smell out now there's more of a cinnamon smell instead. Season 2 Part 1 I actually got brand new I just took the shrink wrap off but the case was damaged a bit in the post there was a tiny bit broke off on the outside of the case and the spine on the inside of the box is cracked. The rest of the DVD's box sets are fine though. Most discs don't have much scratches on them just light ones. Turtles Forever probably has the most on the disc but I tested it and it plays fine.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

$5 with free postage for the whole lot. Given most won't play in Australia, they would be collector value only. Very few people want DVD's these days, because they can get what they want online. Sadly, most of my DVD's went in the bin, because even the recovery shop at the tip didn't want them. I put them on Facebook as free, and still no one wanted them. 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

New set region 1 sells for $167 so go from there.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

New set region 1 sells for $167 so go from there.

Except the OP's DVD's aren't new. Given that Australia is Region 4, would Region 1 even play here? Or am I missing something?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

The fact you can buy them new still would make selling a used set that much harder but gives them a starting point as to the value. Most DVD players now days are multi region.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

$5 with free postage for the whole lot. Given most won't play in Australia, they would be collector value only. Very few people want DVD's these days, because they can get what they want online. Sadly, most of my DVD's went in the bin, because even the recovery shop at the tip didn't want them. I put them on Facebook as free, and still no one wanted them. 

Shocking advice

Most will play in Australia, most DVD players are now multi region.

No way,  there is a big market for DVD's and records (remember them),  they are making a comeback,  just like they were saying the paperback books would die,  kindle took over for a few milliseconds,  but paperbacks are charging up the ladder again.   

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

You can get computers or DVD players that are multi-region,

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Of course you can

But we are assuming the buyer either a)has one or b)is willing to buy one

and c) even reads the listing to see they are not region 4

Just a few days ago someone posted a rant on the forum because the dvd the bought off a seller in The USA 'would'nt play on their machine' here(and negged the seller for it)

Of course they did'nt respond if the dvd was suppose to play here/if they had a multi region machine 

Funny that

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah no arguments there, its also part of the parcel when selling online

Like people buy clothes online - blames seller for them ordering wrong size
& Car or phone parts, - blames seller for not reading description and getting the wrong part

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Left hand drive car parts I find I have to be careful with the listing to point this out clearly.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply