Whats the most unusual place you have sent an item ?

I,ve had a few things go to interesting places over the years, some of which I hadnt heard of. I just had one this morning that really takes the cake. My first sale to the North Pole. True, thats the address and it wasnt a sleigh part for Mr. S Claus either.....Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I haven't sent anything anywhere really unusual, just a few of the smaller EU countries, and as far as I know, I haven't had any celebrities buy any of my items... I did get a commission for some custom work via another site from an Aussie designer label, which was ultimately incorporated into one of their lines and modeled down the runway in New York during fashion week last year, so that's my claim to fame. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I can't beat the north pole or the New York catwalks, but I once sent a labrador pup to Hawaii (no, it wasn't on ebay).  Chocolate labradors were hard to get there and you had to wait in the queue several years or import one, and it was cheaper & quicker to get one from Australia (a mere $500 airfare) because of all the rabies restrictions in other countries, including from the US.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Probably our most unusual place would have to be Christmas Island.

Actually we've had a couple go there.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

I have send many Stamp Albums on CD to Great Britain, USA, Canada, even to Australia. But the most unusual was a Chinese Stamp Catalogue to Kazigstan. Buyer had an unpronouncable name and an address that only a postman would understand. But it arrived and I got a wonderful email thanking me profusively in perfect English.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

I once sent a Simpson washing machine pump to Western Samoa which had to arrive within a 3 day window to meet up with an ocean going yacht that was berthed there temporarily.

Fedex managed to get the part there within 4 days from the NSW/VIC border to the destination and met up with the time window of the yacht's stay perfectly.

The freight cost far more than the part was worth but the customer was ecstatic.

Guess there are not too many Simpson appliance parts suppliers in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

It's not so much an unusual place - more an unusual sale. I sell skiwear and a couple of years ago I had a guy in NORWAY buy 2 used woollen beanies! I emailed him to double-check and to let him know the horrific postage but he went ahead with the sale and left good feedback.

If there's anywhere I'd think you should be able to buy good woollen beanies, it'd be Norway!

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@elusiveeditions wrote:

Not a place so much as a 'to whom'- the FBI in Virginia USA.

I had a collection of memoribilia on the JFK shooting. Mainly copies of police reports and such. Thought it was friend playing a joke when I got the order & replied as such (oops) but no, it was definitely real lol.

I,ve had a couple of those over the years. Not the FBI, but one Australian and one International celebrity. One used his own name and PO box address, the other used their name but an agents address. I did some googling at the time and they appeared to be the real deal. I wont name them or what they purchased ( just collectables ), but it is interesting who shops on ebay.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________\

OP- the JFK collection sold for about $AUD400 (this was about 10 years ago). After the initial enquiry & my stupid reply, they paid via a platinum Amex and sent 3 emails detailing their qualifications- I nearly shat myself.

The North Pole is pretty impressive, never done that! I think I'd be buying extra tracking just for curiosity's sake on that one ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just on the 'international celebrities' thing - I've got one too. He only buys about once a year, but he's such a good collector you'd do almost anything for him.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

I've sold a items to the US and Poland. Not sure when ebay will introduce interstellar postage!

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

I only had Australia Zoo buy some Steve Irwin books because they ran out of stock and were out of print.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

The car prints I make have been sent to Russia, Japan, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Philippines, US, UK, Poland, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada, Switzerland, China, Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Taiwan, Denmark, France, Italy, Greece, Finland, Hungary, South Korea, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Norway and Spain.  Edit: and Germany.

I'm quite proud they are hanging up on walls all around the world. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply