Whats the most unusual place you have sent an item ?

I,ve had a few things go to interesting places over the years, some of which I hadnt heard of. I just had one this morning that really takes the cake. My first sale to the North Pole. True, thats the address and it wasnt a sleigh part for Mr. S Claus either.....Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@englishrosegardens wrote:

I can't beat the north pole or the New York catwalks, but I once sent a labrador pup to Hawaii (no, it wasn't on ebay).  Chocolate labradors were hard to get there and you had to wait in the queue several years or import one, and it was cheaper & quicker to get one from Australia (a mere $500 airfare) because of all the rabies restrictions in other countries, including from the US.

Why are chocolate labradors so popular in Hawaii?

Is it because they're some sort of delicacy, or what? Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

I can't beat the north pole or the New York catwalks, but I once sent a labrador pup to Hawaii (no, it wasn't on ebay).  Chocolate labradors were hard to get there and you had to wait in the queue several years or import one, and it was cheaper & quicker to get one from Australia (a mere $500 airfare) because of all the rabies restrictions in other countries, including from the US.

Why are chocolate labradors so popular in Hawaii?

Is it because they're some sort of delicacy, or what? Smiley LOL

Ha ha!  I'll pay that one.  Smiley Happy

Actually, it wasn't that they were so popular, it was because there were only two breeders on the whole island so "supplies" were limited.  I met the new owners beforehand when they were here on holidays. 

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@elusiveeditions wrote:

@elusiveeditions wrote:

Not a place so much as a 'to whom'- the FBI in Virginia USA.

I had a collection of memoribilia on the JFK shooting. Mainly copies of police reports and such. Thought it was friend playing a joke when I got the order & replied as such (oops) but no, it was definitely real lol.

I,ve had a couple of those over the years. Not the FBI, but one Australian and one International celebrity. One used his own name and PO box address, the other used their name but an agents address. I did some googling at the time and they appeared to be the real deal. I wont name them or what they purchased ( just collectables ), but it is interesting who shops on ebay.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________\

OP- the JFK collection sold for about $AUD400 (this was about 10 years ago). After the initial enquiry & my stupid reply, they paid via a platinum Amex and sent 3 emails detailing their qualifications- I nearly shat myself.

The North Pole is pretty impressive, never done that! I think I'd be buying extra tracking just for curiosity's sake on that one ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just on the 'international celebrities' thing - I've got one too. He only buys about once a year, but he's such a good collector you'd do almost anything for him.

I,m just wondering if I will get my stars dinged if the item takes more than a week to arrive. LOL   The adress included United States references, so is the North Pole a U.S. A.  state or are the recipients part of a U.S.A research team at the pole I wonder.???

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

North Pole is a town in Alaska. And yes it has a Santa house with real reindeers in the yard. It was on TV on Getaway some years ago.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

From the messages I get from potential US buyers about my items, I've come to the conclusion that an awful lot of people in the US think Australia is a suburb or state of the US.  I mean, how dare I refuse to sell to them?  I might if they ASKED, but they prefer to TELL me.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

From the messages I get from potential US buyers about my items, I've come to the conclusion that an awful lot of people in the US think Australia is a suburb or state of the US.  I mean, how dare I refuse to sell to them?  I might if they ASKED, but they prefer to TELL me.  Smiley Frustrated

An awful lot of people or a lot of awful people?   grin.gif

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Yes, that's about it!
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply