When will ebay (Australia) be intrtoducing Adyen

Does anyone know, with absolute certainty, when ebay (Australia) intends to include / intrtoduce Adyen?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: When will ebay (Australia) be intrtoducing Adyen

I'm sure eBay will give plenty of notice when the change will happen. They usually do. It will be mostly up to the buyers creating accounts and whatnot with the new system. If they don't change, then there's not a lot you can do about it until they do. There will have to be a crossover of a period of time to allow buyers the time to change.

I'm sure when the option becomes available to sellers, it will appear in the payment section when we create a listing. Until then, going into panic mode isn't going to achieve anything. Chances are, even eBay Australia don't know, so no point hounding other members here, because we won't know until eBay releases the information fully.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to post your message. As you will see I have been assisted here in now knowing that it will be 2020 and not in the next few months ... that's all I wanted to know.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

can we setup own credit card merchant facility.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

@shoppingdealplus wrote:

can we setup own credit card merchant facility.

No - you used to be able to, but support for that has ended.

I expect that eBay will be looking to cater for all payment types under the one processing system, receive the payments themselves, and then disburse funds to the seller (i.e. they'll accept CC, PayPal, and other things like Apple Pay probably). 

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

From eBay rep today: "As discussed, subject to regulatory approval, eBay will manage the end-to-end payments flow on our platform in Australia from mid-2020, with most sellers moving across to the new platform by the end of 2020."

The rep said the pre-enrollment, at least for us, was 3rd of July (90 days from now).

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

Any updates on this. When I call or email/chat to ebay they dont even seem to be aware this is happening.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

sinclad
Community Member

Dumping PayPal can't come quick enough.  I spoke to authorities to get a view on where they stand with the eBay Paypal monopoly and gauging receipts. They were "reviewing" but obviously not doing enough. It's criminal how PayPal has been able to charge 2.90%.  Their service really warrants are free service. It's pathetic.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

This relates to Adyen how?

Paypal charge 2.6%, not 2.9%, and eBay will be charging commensurate rates, so there will be no savings there.

I'm not sure why Paypal, as a business, should provide their services for free, and look forward to your reasoned, economically valid explanation

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

I just got my first payment through using this new service. It came through on June 1st.2021

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply