Where is the store search bar?

It seems recently stores have changed, including mine, and I can no longer find any search bars to search within anyone's store?

Was there some kind of update I missed or an option I haven't ticked somewhere? It seems ridiculous to have a store with thousands of listings which you can't easily search. Help appreciated.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Where is the store search bar?

@curraone wrote:

it is a bit hard to see at first because they changed the location - when you click on a store - the search bar is the very first line - right at the top

store search.JPG

The only problem with that is the fact that after each search the search bar reverts to "All Categories"

ebay apparently don't want buyers rooting around inside peoples stores.

The only benefits of a store these days are the free listings and the small FVF discount

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@curraone wrote:

it is a bit hard to see at first because they changed the location - when you click on a store - the search bar is the very first line - right at the top

store search.JPG

The only problem with that is the fact that after each search the search bar reverts to "All Categories"

The only benefits of a store these days are the free listings and the small FVF discount

That's when you hit the back button.

'Search this store' is still there.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@dazzledayz wrote:

@curraone wrote:

store search.JPG

That's when you hit the back button.

'Search this store' is still there.

And I expect customers to become very sick of that very quickly.

Geez Louise!

The whole point of eCommerce web design is to REMOVE points of friction NOT add them.

As usual, eBay dares to be different but the rationale is somewhat obscure.

I also notice lately that the standard search bar tends to switch itself back to "All Categories" unexpectedly.

Search order frequently needs resetting too.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Awwww c'mon.  

Hitting the back button ain't that hard.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Stawks the point is that eBay are putting barriers in the way for buyers through frustrating web design.

Ultimately, after enough stuffing about, they get sick of it and go elsewhere.

Also, if they forget just once, they are then out in all categories search rather than inside your store.

That only makes any sense if eBay are deliberately trying to drive buyers away from your store, not to it.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Point taken.

I have one older store that hasn't seen any changes.

It still has the old banner.

I still have the store search button.

2 others didn't fare as well.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply