Why? Cannot I leave a Negative for a Buyer? Seriously.

Its a buyers wonderland on Ebay. They can trash me but I cannot respond in kind. Is this the real world of retail?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why? Cannot I leave a Negative for a Buyer? Seriously.

Because the ability to leave negs for buyers was removed after many sellers left buyers retaliatory negs for no reason other than getting one.

Do not leave neg feedback with a +ive rating or the buyer can get it removed and then you get a policy violation against you.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Do you want to leave your buyer a negative feedback rating?

If so, why?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Missed ya.
image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Firstly isn't that what eBay is about.? Eradicating these gooses that don't pay and leave you stranded as a seller and making every transaction a smooth one? Remember once winning a bid or by buy it now you are entering a binding agreement.
Secondly eBay is a visual thing so how are we meant to tell who means business and who doesn't. Why does eBay take a percentage from a buyer? To run eBay and me as a seller that every transaction is completed. Well I have had 8 non payers in a week over Xmas new year and 4 eventually after going to the resolution centre. But once again I shall be asking for a credit to my account for another month. Due to eBay's lack of protection for me as a seller. Being a consumer using eBay (a product) it has failed me dismally to supply what they promise and has given me false hope and mislead me. So I have every right for a refund. (Victorian consumer law)...
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

A couple of things -

Where do eBay charge buyer's anything?

As the transaction is between you and the buyer, eBay is not involved. They DO refund your sale fees if you follow the processes, so I don't see where Victorian law applies. And eBay Australia operate under NSW law anyway.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Buyer doesn't pay you go through unpaid item dispute process, neither party can leave feedback, your fvf is refunded and the buyer gets a strike recorded against their account.

If they do this more than once and all sellers follow through they won't be bothering me as I have my buyer requirements set to block any member with more than one unpaid item strike.

How could the seller leaving a neg be any better than that as most of my items are BIN and even the auctions I have better things to do than waste time checking the feedback of every single bidder to see if they have what looks like a justified neg.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@mattieboy72 wrote:
Firstly isn't that what eBay is about.? Eradicating these gooses that don't pay and leave you stranded as a seller and making every transaction a smooth one? Remember once winning a bid or by buy it now you are entering a binding agreement.
Secondly eBay is a visual thing so how are we meant to tell who means business and who doesn't. Why does eBay take a percentage from a buyer? To run eBay and me as a seller that every transaction is completed. Well I have had 8 non payers in a week over Xmas new year and 4 eventually after going to the resolution centre. But once again I shall be asking for a credit to my account for another month. Due to eBay's lack of protection for me as a seller. Being a consumer using eBay (a product) it has failed me dismally to supply what they promise and has given me false hope and mislead me. So I have every right for a refund. (Victorian consumer law)...

So, I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that you didn't read the eBay Terms and Conditions of Use when you joined, did ya?

You trickster you!

Bet you thought that no one would ever know huh?

Bet you thought that you could just tick the box and tell them you had read, but no one would know, right?

*puts helpful hat on*

Have a read of them, eh? Then, when you are done reading the legally binding contract that you signed with eBay (without reading, even though ya told em you did), spend a bit of time looking around the site map, the seller's centre and the customer support section, eh?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Lol eBay's T's and C's... Actually take a look at the action taken against eBay in nsw. I see a few cases where eBay's T's and C's didn't stick due to the fact they are not only long winded but confusing. I laugh at you.

Oh if eBay are not part of the contract? Why am I paying a final value fee on each individual item. (check the Australian laws they are actually a part of the deal like any auction house or place of trade). Actually if you take a look all laws applying to consumer protection regardless if it's online or not are applicable.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply