Why I'm leaving ebay as a seller

Some time back I pulled both my personal and all our work selling accounts off ebay. The changes to the policies made being a seller impossible. You couldn't even leave negative feedback for a buyer. This prevented us from being honest and that goes against my values. There was no point having a rating system if it was not honest.

I'd hate to think how many hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product we had sold on ebay.

Some time later ebay wrote to me seeking a return to ebay. I was very hesitant. Had ebay changed?

Recently I sold a camera flash. It was in immaculate condition, listed as used but said 'as new' condition. The ad showed exactly what was included. Every item. The item was tested as working perfectly. It was tagged as no returns.

The flash sold. The flash was shipped on time.

The buyer complains to ebay he expected an extra cable to be included even though it was not listed and was not shown in any photos. He asked ebay for a return and this was granted by ebay and the money was pulled from our account. The listing showed photos of exactly what was included. The item was exactly as described. The item worked perfectly. And yet ebay has forced a return on us and taken the money.

Today I reached out via chat to talk to ebay. After presenting the points above they ended up simply cutting off the conversation. So we have sent out a perfect item, on time and ebay has taken the money and hung up a support conversation.

Ebay is simply a terrible place for sellers, there are competitors now who allow us to trade honestly. There is no point coming to us again because after all the reassurances, you haven't changed. You simply do not care about customers or about delivering value to the planet and that is the worst sin a business could commit.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Why I'm leaving ebay as a seller

@bricksnmortar wrote:

I'm guessing you have some incentive to defend ebay in the face of all the evidence?

Always love it when members make accusations against other members when they don't like what they read. Yes, a very big incentive. The incentive is to tell you the truth. The stuff you don't want to hear. A very big incentive.

Spoiler
You stopped short of accusing Lyndal of being an ebay employee. 
Spoiler
Do you think she's an employee?
Spoiler
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

@bricksnmortar wrote:

registering a presence with ASIC to operate in the country and having a Pty Ltd or other entity are VERY different.

https://abr.business.gov.au/Search/ResultsActive?SearchText=ebay

I do not get billed from Ebay in the US, your statement "And the ebay Head Office is in San Jose CA.....not a Tax Haven." is clearly a misrepresentation of the facts.Ebay operate out of places like Luxembourg and Ireland which are known tax havens and Ebay has regularly bee targeted around the world for using them

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/google-facebook-amazon-ebay-apple-7251746

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/technology-giants-paying-just-1-per-cent-...

I'm guessing you have some incentive to defend ebay in the face of all the evidence?

Ebay Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd is the AsIC entry that you want.

The ebay Head Office is in San Jose CA....any argument on that?

What incentive would I have to defend ebay?   All I did was tell you a few cold hard facts....not defensive at all.

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

Not an accusation, it is a question, this is why it is followed by a question mark. Pretty simple grammar.

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

No argument, I lived in the valley for many years. And the cold hard facts are that ebay uses tax havens.

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Hundred percent I'm with you. I sold a 100 year old sterling silver sugar bowl working perfectly and with photos and the lady requested a refund because it's miniature even though I had photos of me holding the bowl with my fingers. The total cost was $120.  On top of the $120 they held..it also cost me $40 to ship. so I sent a perfectly presented item with every opportunity for the customer to contact me and ask size along with photos and just because the customer didn't look at the photos and was annoyed it wasn't the size she was expecting I get ripped $160. eBay doesn't give a **bleep** its why I spend the last 3 years buying off sellers and request refunds back so they all leave in droves. No sellers... eBay don't make money..I hold grudges too so because eBay ripped me $160 I'm determined to **bleep** them over 1000 fold..this is how easy it is to set up a buyer's account compared to the **bleep** you have to put up being a seller. 

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

The person to whom you replied last posted on 20th February 2019. That’s about 3 1/2 years ago.

It is always a good idea to check the date of a thread before posting on it, as resurrecting a dead thread is an exercise in cobwebby maggoty zombification.

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

@australianconsignmentgallery wrote:

Hundred percent I'm with you. I sold a 100 year old sterling silver sugar bowl working perfectly and with photos and the lady requested a refund because it's miniature even though I had photos of me holding the bowl with my fingers. The total cost was $120.  On top of the $120 they held..it also cost me $40 to ship. so I sent a perfectly presented item with every opportunity for the customer to contact me and ask size along with photos and just because the customer didn't look at the photos and was annoyed it wasn't the size she was expecting I get ripped $160. eBay doesn't give a **bleep** its why I spend the last 3 years buying off sellers and request refunds back so they all leave in droves. No sellers... eBay don't make money..I hold grudges too so because eBay ripped me $160 I'm determined to **bleep** them over 1000 fold..this is how easy it is to set up a buyer's account compared to the **bleep** you have to put up being a seller. 

When someone tells you what type of person they are ... you should believe them.

You don't like eBay so you take your frustration out on innocent sellers... you are disgusting & your feedback left for buyers confirms that.

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

This happened over 3 years ago?

I agree, it would have made most sellers mad.

Let me guess though.

In the listing you showed several photos of the item close up, from different angles and one of you holding it in your fingers. The buyer didn't scroll through them all and that's a bit silly of her BUT surely in your listing of a miniature item, you should have thought to put the measurements right up near the top of the description. And used miniature in the title.

Did you issue a return label so she could return it?

In any case, hers was a stupid error but likely not deliberate.

You, on the other hand, are being a deliberate thief for no reason I can see except to hit back at other sellers. How is that logical? How is it even effective? 

Has ebay closed down? No. You're not hurting ebay, you're hurting other sellers.

Don't whinge about your $160 if you're doing the same and worse to others on purpose. Holding a grudge is one thing but you have serious anger issues you need to address. You're not being logical.

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

Oh, do you mean THIS 100yr old sugar bowl? 

81BB3489-8442-4773-933E-FB0929498249.jpeg

Absolutely nowhere in the listing do you claim it to be 100yrs old, nor do you make claim of it being vintage or antique. Nor do you make any claim to its size, just a very low quality image of your fingertips holding a blurry metal object.

And where, pray tell, is this $120 plus $40 postage you speak of? 😒

(I might add, postage is pd by the buyer…. all $13 of it. If it costs you more at the cash register, than that’s your fault, not eBay’s) 

If you’re going to come here making wild claims and accusations, then at least tell the truth about your own experiences…… 

At least now, you are  working your way on everybody’s BBL, and rightly so. 
What a vindictive nasty piece of scum you are! 😡

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

Oh dear Jane, looks like someone's got egg (lots of it) on their face. 😂

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 50 of 50
Latest reply