Why are payments on hold

Hi, I am wondering why every payment after selling an item is put on hold ? 
I have 100% feedback and reputation? 

thank you 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why are payments on hold

Looks like you have only being selling for under a month.   You will be considered a new seller and payments will go on hold for 30 days until you become a trusted seller.

All you previous feedback was as a buyer not a seller.

Read the T&C's.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Why are payments on hold

Looks like you have only being selling for under a month.   You will be considered a new seller and payments will go on hold for 30 days until you become a trusted seller.

All you previous feedback was as a buyer not a seller.

Read the T&C's.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

Thank you so much . Yes I started selling a few weeks ago. 

This is very helpful !! Cheers 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

@casstap14 wrote:

Hi, I am wondering why every payment after selling an item is put on hold ? 
I have 100% feedback and reputation? 

thank you 

As mentioned, you are a new seller. As for "reputation", you have 40 feedback, most of which are as a buyer. That doesn't make you "reputable". It makes you a new seller/buyer. You money will be on hold for a few months if you sell regularly from here on in. If you are only an occasional seller, your funds will always be held.

Furthermore, a lot of the items you have sold, you won't see a single cent for. You are selling at a huge loss. Why are you selling for 99c with $14 postage? The fees alone are worth more than what you're selling your item for. I know ebay say to start auctions at 99c to increase buyer interest. It's carp. Stop it now. The days of bidding wars are long gone. You have some nice things, you're paying to offload them. If you keep doing what you're doing, you are wasting your time, and money. You'd be better of throwing the items in the bin, because at least you won't be losing money to do so.

Either list your items at a buy it now price, or start the auctions at the minimum you are willing to accept. At the moment, you are never going to see any money for your sales. All you are going to be doing is paying ebay fees. Why would you do that?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

Ebay are a disgusting mob of theives. I recently had my payment put on hold for no reason. I have been buying and selling for years with a perfect record and 350 happy customers who all left positive feedback. This is the first time this has happened and I suspect Ebay are not happy enough with the ridiculous fees, they want to rort their customers. Disgusting underhanded behaviour and I will never use them again.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

Be sure to let them know then 

Your last feedback as a seller on this account shows as being from 'more than a year ago'  and it certainly not 350 buyer's worth

The account where funds are on hold, how long on that account since you last sold?

Feedback as a buyer is meaningless, buyers can only be given positive feedback as you would be well aware and does not factor into hold on funds for new sellers or to seller have have not sold in some time

If it is for the one item sold recently on *this* account, there is no reason the holds should not apply to you as the do every other seller in the same position

Assuming you have fully and correctly completed sign up to Managed Payments and were verified to sell

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

You have one (1) recent sale,  That makes you a New (infrequent seller)  So holds on payments apply.

No point  slapping yourself on the back for being such a loyal member with 100% FB, when you don't

understand ebays policies.

Same rules for all,  don't like them, don't sell.

As for underhanded, the info was available to you, and you acknowledged the T&C's at time of listing your item for sale.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Why are payments on hold

@billy4569 wrote:

Ebay are a disgusting mob of theives. I recently had my payment put on hold for no reason. I have been buying and selling for years with a perfect record and 350 happy customers who all left positive feedback. This is the first time this has happened and I suspect Ebay are not happy enough with the ridiculous fees, they want to rort their customers. Disgusting underhanded behaviour and I will never use them again.

They're not a mob of thieves but for sure, they could make things a bit more watertight for new sellers.

As others have said, there is a hold on funds for a month when any 'occasional' seller sells something. That's a security measure. You should understand the need for that, because if a seller took off with the funds, it is ebay that has to stump up because it gives buyers a money back guarantee if things go wrong-which means if they don't receive the item or if the item is faulty in some way. 

All ebay is doing is making sure that if there is a problem, the refund comes from the seller's coffers, not theirs. Buyers have 30 days to make a claim after their item arrives. The new seller has a 30 day hold on funds. Coincidence? I think not.

A 30 day hold isn't a problem but what is, is that if you aren't signed up to managed funds, you'll never see your money, it will be in limbo. Unfortunately, you can list on ebay without being signed up, which in my opinion should not be possible, but you can, so you need to check you are properly signed up, so you can eventually get your money.

Doesn't matter how many happy customers you have had in the past. On a different account, my sister & I had well over 2000 sales but we stopped selling years ago so we would go through the same hold on funds as any new member.

If you are just an occasional 'home' seller, I really think ebay would prefer, in lots of ways, for you to go on gumtree or marketplace. It seems to be pushing more for small business sellers.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply