Why can't we leave negative feedback for buyers any more?

Forgive me if this was addressed ages ago or something... but WHY? I'm not a big seller and I haven't had any reason to leave a negative for a buyer in honestly years, until recently... and I'm annoyed that I can't because I was very nearly scammed (thankfully paypal saw through the scam and closed the dispute in my favour, phew) and I just feel that other sellers ought to be warned against the buyer... but there's no way! Not even a neutral.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Forgive me if this was addressed ages ago or something

Since the policy was instigated which a quick board search would have revealed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Just enjoy putting them on Blocked bidders List and never having to deal with em again. 🙂

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

No reason to be snooty. I saw the reason about retaliatory feedback, but what about when it's not that?!

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

I know I won't have to, but I feel bad for any other sellers who might get scammed. And no doubt someone was scammed before me and is right now feeling bad for ME, haha!
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

The case is on file and too many will see the buyer restricted or NARU.

Feedback is useless for a buyer if you think about it, they can still buy with atrocious feedback.

The strike system and ebay closing accounts based on past record is far more effective.

image host
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

The case is on file and too many will see the buyer restricted or NARU.

Feedback is useless for a buyer if you think about it, they can still buy with atrocious feedback.

The strike system and ebay closing accounts based on past record is far more effective.

^^^^^^^^^^what a load of wishful thinking^^^^^^^

Did you trade on ebay when members could leave whatever feedback they thought suited the transaction???

I did.

The serial buyer neggers/inr scammers and the retalitory feedback sellers stood out like dog's proverbials 

.... With a bit of sleuthing you could stay away from both and add them manually to your blocked bidders list.

If the feedback "battleground" pointed out an INR buyer scammer then you could take extra precautions by sending an

item to meet seller protection policy guidelines even if it was not originally advertised as such.

NPB feedback if instituted by ebay is  a tool to train sellers.

Honestly Kopes

If newbie sellers or casual sellers  saw $$$$$$ Non paying bidder added to a buyers feedback when a strike was

processed....

1. do you think this thread would exist?

2. Do you think that after a few months of newbie/inexperienced sellers spotting $$$ non paying bidder on non paying

buyers feedback that any threads would exist on these boards started by sellers with an opening line like

"why can't I leave negative feedback for this numpty buyer"

3. Do you think that recording strikes on a buyers feedback using a symbol like $$$ non paying buyer may be a little

more effective than the situation at the moment which in essence trains ebayers to be poor buyers who know that

flaunting their responsibilities will

( more than likely as shown anecdotally in many threads where 100's of negative positives are recorded yet the buyer still trades on)

lead to little reprisal

Explain to me gain can you  how non positive feedback for buyers does not stop buyers from buying

.... I am just not getting it.......

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

@colic2bullsgirlore wrote:

. . . . .

3. Do you think that recording strikes on a buyers feedback using a symbol like $$$ non paying buyer may be a little

more effective than the situation at the moment which in essence trains ebayers to be poor buyers who know that

flaunting their responsibilities will

( more than likely as shown anecdotally in many threads where 100's of negative positives are recorded yet the buyer still trades on)

lead to little reprisal

Explain to me gain can you  how non positive feedback for buyers does not stop buyers from buying

.... I am just not getting it.......

colic, always good to read your take on things.

I will try to "Explain to me gain can you how non positive feedback for buyers does not stop buyers from buying" . . . . . your own post shows that non-positive feedback for buyers does not stop them from buying, anecdotally at least.  You wrote "in many threads where 100's of negative positives are recorded yet the buyer still trades on".  Those 100's of negative positives aren't stopping them from 'buying', and I fail to see how negs for buyers would stop them either.  All they would need to do to avoid having their bids cancelled is bid at the very end of a listing, giving the seller no time to view their feedback and cancel their bid.

So no explanation should be necessary as it is there for all to see.  False positives do not stop non-payers from continuing to 'buy'.  The reason is that eBay do not suspend a buyer's account when they accumulate multiple non-payment transactions.

What I would like to see is that non-payer bidder/buyer blocks are put into listings as a default with sellers having to opt-out of having the non-payer bidder block on their listings.

I believe that for habitual non-payers you need to stop them from even getting to the point of non-paying by stopping them from confirming bids or committing to buy BINs.  This is achieved through bidder blocks, and bidder blocking would be enhanced through making it the default setting.

Surely that would be more effective than false-positives, non-paying $$$$ feedback marks or negatives for buyers as those with more than one non-payer strike would be shut out of bidding/buying from most sellers whereas now they are only blocked from the small proportion of sellers who put the block on their listings.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Those 100's of negative positives aren't stopping them from 'buying', and I fail to see how negs for buyers would stop them either.  All they would need to do to avoid having their bids cancelled is bid at the very end of a listing, giving the seller no time to view their feedback and cancel their bid.

When I see those 100s of negatives positives ( or just one two) I add them manually to my blocked bidders list....therefore they cannot buy from me.

i notice a lot of other regulars mentioning "special lists' when those ebayers (buyers or sellers) are outed and I guess

they add them as well

which means....wait for it...

The negative positive feedback has stopped that particular buyer from being able to buy from me (and you if you rushed to your list to add the username)

"So no explanation should be necessary as it is there for all to see.  False positives do not stop non-payers from continuing to 'buy'.  The reason is that eBay do not suspend a buyer's account when they accumulate multiple non-payment transactions."

To take it further if ebay left

NPB feedback when a strike was issued like this $$$ non paying bidder the sellers lookers can look and block the blockers can block... and look if they like.

Adding transparency to a system that relies on participation by leaving triggers like $$$ non paying bidder  motivates

sellers to use that system rather than leaving negative positives means that the system works better.

That's what I would like to see more participation and less negative positives...... how about you ?

Wihout almost blanket participation by sellers ebay strike system will never work.

I believe that if they used the system like I said above either habitual non payers would not exist on ebay or conversely

a habitual non payers feedback would show where strikes have been issued and then removed highlighting the  system as A SHONK

Surely that would be more effective than false-positives, non-paying $$$$ feedback marks or negatives for buyers as those with more than one non-payer strike would be shut out of bidding/buying from most sellers whereas now they are only blocked from the small proportion of sellers who put the block on their listings.

^^^^ At present anecdotally some experienced sellers open and close NPB disputes then leave negative positives......

Some just leave negative positives and move on.

What other ideas do you have to increase participation so that all sellers open and close disputes?

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

What I would like to see is that non-payer bidder/buyer blocks are put into listings as a default with sellers having to opt-out of having the non-payer bidder block on their listings.

In all the years that blocks have been in place nearly every buyer that has been caught in my

filter bar a handful I have allowed through after their request and they have bought, paid, been

happy and left glowing feedback.

ie another sellers NPB has become my buyer

One of the ebay usernames I did not let through was a serial negger, generally the others

blocked their username which means I can't have a sticky at their feedback...some of the others

that I let through had negative positives....

I understand it does depend on what category you sell in and product you sell as to how many

NPB's you can expect but I have been seriously considering dropping my blocks especially on

accounts with 'unique" listings.

The other phenomenon I witness occasionly in my blocked buyer log is a blocked id trying to 

buy an item two or three times without success and then lo and behold minutes later along

comes a "newbie" and buys exactly the same item..... how bizarre... not??

Has anybody else experienced the same with ebayers blocked as NPB??

The piece of advice that is  almost always proffered is an endictment on the whole NPB system IMO

"don't forget to manually add the NPB username to your blocked bidders list so that they cannot buy off you again"

when if the auto block system was really designed to work there would be no need

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply