Why can't we leave negative feedback for buyers any more?

Forgive me if this was addressed ages ago or something... but WHY? I'm not a big seller and I haven't had any reason to leave a negative for a buyer in honestly years, until recently... and I'm annoyed that I can't because I was very nearly scammed (thankfully paypal saw through the scam and closed the dispute in my favour, phew) and I just feel that other sellers ought to be warned against the buyer... but there's no way! Not even a neutral.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Some sellers including myself leave honest feedback for non payers prior to closing a case and a strike being issued. . 

Even the term "negative positive" hides what it is, IMO it is "potentially removable honest feedback", much the same as leaving a negative for a seller is also potentially removable.

Feedback comments are subjective by nature and the feedback removal is not a given, it depends on the wording of feedback and the CS rep you get on the day if you are seeking removal. 

The hysteria that leaving potentially removable honest feedback generates from some quarters is out of proportion to the act IMO. 

In any case, I think it is more likely that a more likely development in relation to buyer feedback is that is ceased all together, and only seller reviews will be able to be given. 

TBH I am surprised that eBay have not done so yet.

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

Sadly there are some buyers out there who love to rant and rave, clearly have some personal issues and have no repect for sellers. They can therefore add negative feedback whenever they like and as far as I can see sellers cant do a thing about it. The only thing you can do is just bite your lip, don't take it personally and block them from buying.   Ebay seems to be biased towards buyers. I just wish we could name and shame these buyers but then it would turn into a free for all..

bell7782 wrote:

Forgive me if this was addressed ages ago or something... but WHY? I'm not a big seller and I haven't had any reason to leave a negative for a buyer in honestly years, until recently... and I'm annoyed that I can't because I was very nearly scammed (thankfully paypal saw through the scam and closed the dispute in my favour, phew) and I just feel that other sellers ought to be warned against the buyer... but there's no way! Not even a neutral.

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

*amandajane*
Community Member

EBays line on this is partly true .. if sellers could retaliate leaving negative feedback for a buyer who has left negative feedback for them but they dont admit to one other truth .. if sellers could leave justifiable negative feedback against buyers who say are trying to bully you (eg claim refunds etc for no reason) then buyers would be put off using ebay and their profits would fall as a result. They know that sellers using their platform quite often as their only means of selling goods are forced to use ebay and therefore they can treat them less favourably than buyers who can shop elsewhere. Thas why I for example dont use ebay much these days as I have my own website and curiously the number of bad buyer experiences there is tiny compared to the number of bad buyer expriences I have on ebay (because they know if they are that way inclined they have the threat of negative feedback on ebay to ruin a sellers reputation)

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

DAMM STRAIGHT , ITS WRONG , SELLERS CANNOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS AND ITS WRONG , SELLERS TO EBAY AS CLASSSED AS SCUM BUT BUYERS ARE GOD ACCORDING TO EBAY , ONE DAY EBAY WILL SEE THE LIGHT AND LET US SELLERS LEAVE NEG FEEDBACK, ITLL TAKE EBAY HUNDREDS OF YEARS TO REALISE THIS BUT THEY WILL EVENTUALLY >>>>NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

Please stop yelling at us, we didn't do anything wrong.

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

millj40
Community Member

I don't care about negative feedback for buyers and I doubt they will ever re-instate it, as it would cause an uproar from buyers.

However, I REALLY wish I could  block buyers who are prone to giving low stars/neutrals or negs.   The majority of my current 'defects' have come from buyers who apparently have a staggering amount of trouble with their online purchases generally, with things not matching the colour they expected etc.  I would happily block these buyers to save them the trauma of online purchasing.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

It amazes me how a certain percentage of buyers have this constant trouble with their eBay transactions, yet they continue to keep buying. Maybe it's just me, but, if I have too many bad experiences with something, I stop doing it.

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

Yes I feel the same way. So I did some googling and found this and I am in the process of working it out. It has been an enlighting experience learning what people say in their comments to what they give in DSR! Don't believe what you read!

http://www.fanfrelucheblog.com/check-who-left-you-a-bad-dsr-on-ebay/

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

@lalala-au wrote:

Yes I feel the same way. So I did some googling and found this and I am in the process of working it out. It has been an enlighting experience learning what people say in their comments to what they give in DSR! Don't believe what you read!

http://www.fanfrelucheblog.com/check-who-left-you-a-bad-dsr-on-ebay/

WOW! Thanks for that link. I had tried running item number reports in the past and couldn't get it to generate a report. I realised from reading that link that I needed to put 10 item numbers into the search box. I ran reports all the way back to the start of May and found out who gave me 2 stars for postage costs (it wasn't my German buyer that I thought, it was a transaction with free postage). I also found 2 buyers that left 4 stars, which is fine and that was it. I still don't know who gave me a low DSR for item not as described! Must have been before May.

It was so nice to see so many perfect scores in the reports!

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

I once blocked a buyer because I thought they gave me low stars. They emailed me about a week later asking why they couldn't buy for the second purchase.

They are now one of my best customers off ebay.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply