Why does Ebay allow misrepresentation

Why does Ebay allow blatant misrepresentatkion in listings? I was looking at listings for Android Tablets. I saw one Buy It Now for $1.00. Must be a scam I thought. I clicked on the listing and inside it looks as if you can actually Buy It Now for $1.00. That is until you goto click on it and find a box asking you to select item. Click on it and a drop down list a few cheap and nasty accessories and ther amongst them is the Tablet. Click on it and magically the price jumps to $74.00.

This isn't legitimate trading practices in Australia so why is it allowed on Australia's Ebay. It appears certain Chinese sellers are thumbing their collective noses at buyers and doing whatever they wish. I certainly wouldn't buy from such a dealer just on principle. I have to wonder if anyone's been caught. I've been around Ebay for long enough to know I have to careful but what about the younger buyers with little experience. Some people do think it's Christmas every day.

By the way, there's no way to lodge a complaint, Ebay has fixed the report section so whatever you click on a second and third option is there which has no bearing on the matter at hand. Try lodging a complaint about it, you can't unless you write them a letter. Hopefully they will read this.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Why does Ebay allow misrepresentation

this is a 2014 thread....mods will be along shortly, to lock....if you have something to contribute, please start a new thread

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

stanley.jpg

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply