Why is my ebay account suspended?

I get an email today saying

"Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user id ....... which is a restricted account is associated with your account."

A few lines later, at this time your account is suspended.

Regards eBay

Please don't reply to this message, it was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email

What is going on? They don't even offer a reply button or anything to dispute this, and I have never even heard of that ebay ID, but have not even been given an option to defend myself.

They shut down my store, removed all my listings, and left me high and dry.

When I click on "Customer Support", there isn't even the option to get a 1 time passcode to call them. Just a bunch of "Was this information useful" Tabs.

Has anyone else experienced such poor customers service on here as this?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

This was in regards to one of my other accounts, not this one. But, I can't post from that one as it is suspended.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

You need to speak to ebay directly by clicking on Customer Support at the top right of any page and following the prompts until you get their phone number and a one-time code to use when you call them.

Nobody here can help you, and don't waste you time emailing them as you'll never get anywhere.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I know how to find their info, as I have multiple acocunts, and am a powerseller on some of them. The thing is, the little Call Us button that shows up on the right is not even there. I can get there through any one of my other accounts they haven't got yet, but not that one.

I am on the phone to them, but just wondered if any one else had experienced this sort of Customer Diservice before. They could have at least just restricted my selling account, and given me option to "Respond" to the accusation instead of just Suspending the acount immedietly and stopping me from accessing it.

Rant over.Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe you owe them money. Happened to a friend of mine.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Customer support can be  a bit of a maze.

Try this link:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1487

Ooops sorry , I was a bit late. I didn't see your post to say that you've been able to phone ebay

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Don't owe them money, all my accounts are up to date, just that it looks like I am "Linked" to an account (Which I have never heard of) that is a restricted/suspended account. 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I do agree that ebay tend to be far too trigger happy with suspensions.

Theirs would be amongst the worst customer support I've ever experienced.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

INdeed. Fair enough for Customer safety for them to "Restrict my selling ability" and then suggest I may be linked, and ask for verification.
But to just flat out accuse me of being linked to that account, and then suspend my account, and shut down my store, and say "do not reply to this email" without any way to respond is a bit rude.

Or maybe I am just over sensitive!
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Except if its a buyer account.

Then they are allowed to get away with anything.

But not soo if you are a seller.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply