Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi,

I always leave feedback when buyers pay for the item. When I post the items I always track them to make sure they get delivered. Just recently  the last 4 items I sold in particular  not one of the buyers have left me feedback. Why? Are they lazy or only want to receive and not give back

Does no one give a damn , For me its  courteous to say thanks received item.....

Should I send a message and say Hey saw the item was delievered hope your happy? Please leave feedback or should I forget about it and come to realisation no one has manners anymore

Its probably no one has manners -

Is everyone  looking for a cheap bargain for example

I had an item for sale last week 79.90 Buy It Now + 8.60 postage.

I received a msg will you accept $50. I answered No.

The next msg was whats your best price which I replied $79.90 + postage & I dont have make an offer on the item

Next msg was would your accept $65  - so I answered I would meet them half way $72 + 8.60 postage

Next msg $72 with free postage - I ended  the item - this person drove me to the edge, Im all for fair offers but some are ridiculous. Thanks to that buyer  I am having a total break from selling I have ended all my items

Ebay selling is perhaps not for me anymore,  I will continue to buy and leave feedback for the sellers. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

My unpopular opinion is it is just common courtesy

It's not hard,it's not something that takes more than a few seconds to do

Sadly, like most other places in today's society ,manners are hard

And yes,yes,yes 'feedback is voluntary' 

'Sell for money not green dots'

Will be most replies 

Seems hoping for a simple thank you is unreasonable 

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

a lot of people buy from many on-line stores and are apt to forget where the item came from......if you don't hear from the buyer, then that's a good thing
Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

I would certainly not ask a buyer for feedback.  You may get an unpleasant surprise. 

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

I leave feedback for my sellers... However, I'm not sure that I regard it as a demonstration of manners. I realise that it's important for sellers who are building their feedback. 

People vary so much in how they regard feedback. Some buyers will simply not give it, and hopefully that is respected as a choice (for whatever reason it may be). I agree that it's probably best for you not to ask for feedback. After all, eBay reminds buyers about leaving feedback, which can (I believe) already annoy some buyers!

Hopefully you'll have sufficient buyers giving you good feedback so that you won't need to worry about it,

Re the unwanted offers - rude. You shouldn't need to respond to such offers, in particular if you say "No offers". (One suggestion: if you tell someone definitely no, I would stick to that. This is my viewpoint, and some will disagree. Giving in to persuasion means that you justify the thinking behind that person's behaviour. If you are prepared to accept offers, YOU should be the one to stipulate that, rather than be pushed into it by a buyer who more than likely won't buy anyway.)

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

Feedback is totally voluntary.

Some leave it, some don't.

Whether you have 400 or 800 is not going to matter to me if I buy from you.

As long as you have 100%.

image host
Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

I could type a list of reasons why many wouldn't leave feedback.
Top of the list is that if you're not on ebay all the time (many aren't) it can be tedious having to sign in just to leave feedback for one item. I have a PC and I'd imagine it'd be even more tedious having to do it on a phone.

It may only take a few seconds if people are already signed in and they have really fast internet, but that definitely doesn't apply to everyone.

Some people can't type and it's a real chore to leave feedback.

Etc etc etc.

Christ healed ten lepers and only one thanked him. Can you really expect to do better than that?  If you expect too much you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.  If anyone makes me an unsolicited offer I put them straight on my blocked list and forget them.

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

For me it's the other way around,sellers don't really leave feedback for me but who cares not me.

As a buyer I always leave feedback once I have received the item and looked it over.

As everyone knows it's not compulsory but common courtesy.

I have one seller that doesn't ever leave me feedback that I've bought from many times lol but when I check their feedback low and behold he has given other buyers feedback (he must hate me for some reason Woman Surprised)

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

If you think feedback is all about manners, it's not. The purpose of feedback is so that other potential buyers can see whether you're trustworthy or not. That means it's for other people's benefit, not for yours.

Can you imagine what it'd be like if we had to leave feedback somewhere every time we shopped at the supermarket or any other bricks & mortar store? You can bet your boots most people wouldn't do it and if they were forced to they'd shop somewhere else. People just want to buy, receive their goods and then get on with their lives. They don't want to feel obliged to tell the world about it.
Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

Hang in there all you need is 3 more feedback from 3 buyers and you'll get your DSR.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply